Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just retook, think I messed up; advice on what to do?

purplelionpurplelion Free Trial Member
Hey 7sagers, long-time lurker, first-time poster. Always appreciated the honest feedback and support I see on this site.

Long story short: I took the test for the second time on Saturday after getting just below 170 on my first take. I nailed the experimental LG but took too long on game 2 of the real LG and it threw off the rest of the section; I remember having to straight up guess on ~1-4 questions and "educated guess" (down to a couple answer choices) on ~3-5. My memory's honestly super vague on exactly what happened. It sucks because I legitimately thought I killed the rest of the test.

My question: what do I do? I'm aiming for a 175+ and after all the practice I did, I was very confident going in (was scoring around there on PTs and killing LG). It's my second take, so the serious options seem to be keep -> see what I get -> retake a third time if necessary, or cancel -> retake a third time. I'm just not sure which option looks better / is better, and still a little foggy-headed from what happened.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    A post test cancel counts as a take so there's nothing to gain from canceling. Just sign up for December, make one last go of it and if it turns out you hit your target the other day then just cancel December and consider it payment to not have to ever take the LSAT again. Otherwise just take December regardless to try to get more money because even a one point increase when you're up that high can make a big difference.
    8021 karma
    Also, three scores is fine. Four scores is when schools really start to dock you.
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    @Pacifico I thought you were only allowed to take 3 times every 5 years?
  • silcal11silcal11 Member
    edited October 2015 47 karma
    Its 3 times every two years. Wait to get your score; if you did not like, it register for December. Do not cancel.
    8021 karma
    Scores last 5 years but you can only take 3 times every 2 years...
  • deleted accountdeleted account Free Trial Member
    393 karma
    Same thing happened to me in June. Had been around 176 or so, flopped on LG, scored 170. Eventually I decided that was because I was utterly burned out from all the studying I did up to June. My first practice test a month out from June was a 179. I retook on Saturday and am very hopeful that I'm 175+. (despite the godawful third game!)