Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on what to do from here......!

harrismeganharrismegan Member
in General 2074 karma
Hi All :) I've posted a few times and your advice has always been amazing and assuring!

I took the October exam this past Saturday and thought that it went well. I'm sure my experimental (LR) was the second section, so I think I did pretty okay with the rest of the exam.

I was scoring in the mid to high 160s ish before the exam, so I think I might have reached my goal of getting in the 160s. I don't have a specific target score, but I am looking to get as high as possible.

With that said, I'm thinking of signing up for the December exam for two reasons:
1. If I do get in the range I was looking for, I can always take the December exam and try and squeeze out more points. The schools I am applying to take your highest LSAT mark, so I don't see any harm in taking it a third time for that reason.
2. If I don't get in the range I was looking for, I'll have to re-take anyways, and I wouldn't want to set myself back by two weeks. I am taking a few days off though. :)

My question is.... where do I go from here? I have a few clean PTs left. Some in the 60s and some in the 70s that I saved for this reason. I have been through the curriculum 2x already, so I'm not looking to do it a third time, although I will revisit lessons as needed.

My weak areas are NA, SA, PSA, Weaken, and Reading Comprehension.

I have to go back to work full-time now, so I was thinking of taking 2 PTs a week... 1 Saturday and 1 Sunday, and spending the week BRing the exams and working on my weak points. Obviously I only have a few fresh PTs, so I was thinking of starting in the 50s and retaking 50, 51, 52, 53.... ect and save the fresh ones until I get closer to December. Is that a good idea?

How should I help myself in terms of Reading Comprehension?
What would you suggest to help myself fix some of my LR weaknesses?

Thanks a bunch :D

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Have you read the Trainer? It should help your RC and some of your gaps in LR. And starting with some retakes next week is a great way to go and then use up your fresh ones after Halloween.

Definitely take the December regardless since even a slight increase can make a big difference in scholarship money.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I have read the Trainer. Not the entire thing. But the Flaw, Reading Comp, and a few question areas. Should I re-read it? I guess I'm just wondering how much drilling I should be doing.

If I take 2 retake PTs a week, a good solid BR (177 +/- 3 like you've advised before), should I spend non-BR days drilling questions and passages?