Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A question for those that finish LR with ~10min to spare

Will DearbornWill Dearborn Alum Member
How did you do it? I took my 4th timed PT today (pt51). So far LR is my favorite yet most frustrating section. I try to finish the first 15 in 15min, but I get bogged down doing the first 1-12. I didn't finish on time and ended up not answering about 3 questions.

I somewhat have the accuracy because although I barely manage to finish LR, I tend to get -3 or -4 wrong per section.
If you were in my position at one point in time, what did you do to get to a point where you are finishing early without suffering accuracy?

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Sorry that the answer is so lame and not a trick: Practice...Practice...Practice

Oh and fly through the easy ones, skip the curvebreakers and come back. That should get you to the end with ~5 minutes to spare. No question deserves 2 minutes the first time around.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    I also think its unreasonable to try to shoot for finishing LR 10 minutes early. It just isn't necessary or sufficient to get a good score and may actually be more detrimental to your studies in the long run. Going from barely finishing to finishing in 25 minutes is a huge gap and you don't need the extra stress of trying to bridge that. Finishing 3-5 minutes early is probably ideal. It's a comfortable pace to follow and allows you to absorb the questions rather than rushing through them, while also giving you some time to re-check at the end.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    I was gonna say ... I personally don't know anyone who finishes with that much time left over with any kind of consistency. Except @"Jonathan Wang"
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    @nicole.hopkins even the hardest logic games shudder when you invoke his name...
  • fishtwentyfivefishtwentyfive Free Trial Member
    227 karma
    I legitimately focused on timing-- I remember I would get blasted like -8 on LR because I would miss them all in the first 20. Focus on time if time is what you want-- focus on accuracy if accuracy is what you want-- and go back and forth until you're hitting both the accuracy and timing that you want.