Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question Regarding Memory Method

I'm about to enroll in 7Sage and I've been going through the free-trial as of now, however I’m a bit confused on the phase 2 part of the Memory Method - do you do it again with the same passage immediately after you finished going through all the questions for that passage using the phase 1 technique?

Or is it like so:

Passage 1: Phase 1 technique
Passage 2: Phase 2 technique
Passage 3: Phase 1 technique
Passage 4: Phase 2 technique

Then come back and re-do all of them using only the Phase 2 technique?

Because if we do a passage once then go right back to it with the second phase method, wouldn’t we memorize a lot of the details/answers unless there’s a certain amount of time you recommend to wait before doing the second phase?

Thanks.

Comments

• LeoA1994LeoA1994 Member
    77 karma
    "bump"
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @LeoA1994 said:
    Or is it like so:

Passage 1: Phase 1 technique
    Passage 2: Phase 2 technique
    Passage 3: Phase 1 technique
    Passage 4: Phase 2 technique

It is not like that. Phase 2 is exactly like Phase 1 except instead of writing out what you think the main idea of each paragraph is, you say it to yourself (like you would on an actual test). You do Phase 2 on completely different passages.
    77 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor said:
    You do Phase 2 on completely different passages.
    So do you start doing Phase 2 just whenever you're comfortable after getting down the idea of Phase 1? I guess I'm just confused on which passages or when you would start doing Phase 2
    7468 karma
    JY suggests doing 8 passages with Phase 1 and then switching over to Phase 2 for 8 pages. Then, just doing passages normally. But you can modify it however you like. Maybe you can write them out when you BR the passage? Have you read LSAT Trainer? It also helps to know how to read a passage for reasoning structure.
    77 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor said:
    JY suggests doing 8 passages with Phase 1 and then switching over to Phase 2 for 8 pages.
    Ah alright, this answers my q's. So that's 16 DIFFERENT passages, utilizing one technique for half and the other for the second half. But for the actual exam/prep test that you take, don't actually try to do it?
    edited October 2015 7468 karma
    @LeoA1994 said:
    But for the actual exam/prep test that you take, don't actually try to do it?
    Hopefully, it’s intuitive by that point.