Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Number of hours to study a day and what to do

badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
in General 316 karma
So I cancelled my October score and I'm looking to kill it in December. That being said, I want my score to go up by at least 7 points in these two months and crack 170....

I know some people study 6 hours a day, and I was just wondering...what do you do for all that time? All I do right now is take a full practice test 3 times a week, and do a BR of the practice test the day after I take it. And I take one day off every week. Sometimes when I see I need help in an area, I review the lessons on it.

But I don't know what else I should be doing? I know I have to do much more Logic Games so I'll work on that, but I feel like I'm missing something important because I don't study 6 hours a day...!!!!

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    You have to have the stamina to take the test without getting fatigued so there's that... but beyond that its not the number of hours you put in but what you put into the hours that counts... for example... 6 hours a day with 15 minutes of FB each hour would (probably- hedging my bets here) not be as effective as 3 hours of concentrated study with a 5 minute break every hour... also ... you might want to let off on the testsas those are valuable resources... once they are gone, they are gone (this is not entirely true but fresh is generally (hedging my bets again) better than recycled)... track the kinds of problems where you are going wrong i.e. flaws, MBTs etc ... and unless you're seriously bombing LG I'm guessing its not 'just' LG that is keeping you down... work on getting those right... improve your LAWGIC fundamental by doing those exercises ad nauseum... and then attempt a test... then pin point the kinds of problems you got wrong... work on them and then attempt another... you look like you have no problem putting in the hard work... just tweak it with smart choices and you should hopefully see your scores rocket.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Also... maybe all that you need is a rest.. to help concepts sink in... very often... there is a jump in your scores after a rest because your concepts have cemented... and you've taken time away so you are seeing things clearer.
  • allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    246 karma
    It sounds like you need to drill logic games, and probably other areas too. When I was studying there were days when I spent 6 hours drilling logic games.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Are you a student? Working full/part-time? That could help us/you determine the right amount of time you could be optimally studying for.
  • badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
    316 karma
    Thanks for the advice you guys! I'm a full time student and I work 10 hours a week.
    I will focus on drilling LG you guys are right