Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Improvements

Bret CypelBret Cypel Alum Member
edited February 2014 in General 122 karma
Improvements do happen! Post them!

My Improvements:

First Un-Timed LSAT (#7): 158
Most Recent Un-Timed LSAT (#18): 175

+17

First Timed LSAT (#43): 148
Most Recent Timed LSAT (#57): 162

+14

I have been studying for 1 year and 2 months. I will take the June LSAT.

This February, I am devoting every day to Logic Games.

In March, I will review all sections, taking Un-Timed LSATs.

Beginning in April and into June, I will begin taking Timed LSATs again.

Improvements do happen, but you must be realistic.

Happy Studying,

Bret

Comments

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Great idea and great work. Keep it up!
  • Ruby SohoRuby Soho Core Member
    106 karma
    What is your feeling on untimed tests? I am scared that if I get into the habit of untimed tests...then I will be screwed when it is time to move on to timed PTs.

I have been studying for a year as well (although didn't start with 7sage...wish I had though!).

For the month of February...what is your approach for games? Do you do X# of games per day?

Just curious because games is most def my weakest section.
  • Bret CypelBret Cypel Alum Member
    122 karma
    Hey sweetxoxo,

I think un-timed tests are helpful. However, I only do very old LSATs un-timed (1-30). I save the newer LSATs to take timed (30+).

I have taken many timed tests, over 20 total. I stopped taking some of them timed, mainly to help relieve some of the stress it was causing. I was getting "burnt out". Instead, I just wanted to sit down with my LSAT at a nearby coffee shop, sip some java, and do my LSATs wit ha relaxed, clear mind. I like taking some of the tests untimed, because it is less stressful, and actually makes doing them more fun.

Of course, taking Timed tests is incredibly important. But if you want a stress relief, and you have some old tests lying around, try taking them untimed. I don't think it will hurt at all!

Bret