Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

February LSAT outcomes, thoughts, etc.

mmigliommiglio Alum Member
edited February 2014 in General 122 karma
Many of us took the test today.

I have no idea how I did, I'm simply incapable of judging myself the way I usually can after doing a PT.

So, how do you all think you did?
If anyone needs help figuring out which section was experimental, I'd be happy to help.

Comments

• mmigliommiglio Alum Member
    edited February 2014 122 karma
    That LG with the [redacted] really screwed me though. ran out of time...

*edit* sorry for violating TOS, thank you for redacting part of the comment, lol..
  • David WayneDavid Wayne Free Trial Member
    571 karma
    Circular. Fail.
  • higdon37higdon37 Alum Member
    edited February 2014 68 karma
    I always think I bomb them when I've PT'd, this one I'm pretty sure I did. lol

• maxmaxbobaxmaxmaxbobax Alum Member
    98 karma
    must have been the experimental one
  • zacharymitznerzacharymitzner Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    I'd be curious which was experimental
    571 karma
    circular = real
  • jamiewong107jamiewong107 Alum Member
    edited February 2014 47 karma
    LMBO!! The circular will definitely ensure that I will have a flashback every time I walk into a restaurant, cafeteria, or maybe even a break room at work. I was feeling pretty defeated after I left. The first game through me for a loop with the 'Office' question. Yikes.

Ah well. I hope we all did better than we think we did, or as well as we think we did! Cheers!
    571 karma
    we ought to tell JY to stress that its no longer a game type that should be considered 'old'.
    98 karma
    that section seemed too long and too complex to be the real one in my opinion. BUT I guess we will see around March 5th!
    edited February 2014 47 karma
    Which section Max?
    98 karma
    the logic games section that involved the circular game. It seems way too hard ...Perhaps they are experimenting on bringing back that type of logic game.
    98 karma
    PS we probably shouldnt be discussing this example or any till after monday since we are giving those who observe the sabbath an unfair advantage...
    edited February 2014 571 karma
    Sabbath takers get a different LSAT, max. And the circular game was real.
  • benchang32benchang32 Alum Member
    8 karma
    How do you know?
    571 karma
    Its a known fact.
    98 karma
    how is it a known fact? I am curious.
    571 karma
    it just is. i also personally have sabbath observant friends and they've confirmed their LSAT was different than the released preptest. The sabbath one is non-disclosed. Take my word for it.
  • benchang32benchang32 Alum Member
    8 karma
    I think we're talking about the games section with the circular problem being the real one
  • dwschlossdwschloss Alum Member
    5 karma
    I only had one games section and the circular one was in it. Totally killed me, this games section. And one of my reading comps. Hope it wasn't the one that counts otherwise I'm definitely below my low 160s realistic goal...that would really depress me.
    47 karma
    Oh no.... it must have been real then :-O

And Max, I agree. I am trying to be very vague, but still.
  • mmigliommiglio Alum Member
    122 karma
    My friend had three LR sections. Her logic game section also had the circular game, confirming that it is real.

Also, I feel like there was no easy logic game in that test... The first 3 were medium to medium-hard, and the circular one was REALLY F*cking hard and time consuming. I thought it was really unfair of them to do that to us in the real LG section.

My experimental LG section was normal, in that the first was easy, the second and fourth were mediums, and the third was pretty hard. However, the third had a serious grammar error so I knew it was an experimental :\...

It sucks that they don't do the LSAT curve per test, and they do it by whole years instead. Otherwise, we might have stood a chance. but I think our scores will suck now.
  • josemartinez725josemartinez725 Free Trial Member
    52 karma
    I'll just put it at this, I'm PRAYING for low 160's. My grades from undergrad are better than most, and I've no ambitions of attending Harvard or Yale, which I'd have had to have scored close to perfect to do any way.
    47 karma
    I agree with you, Jose. I'm praying for low 160's, praying.
    edited February 2014 68 karma
    I still feel like I've been mule kicked by this test. My school wants me to apply before a date which is later on this month, which will be before the score posts, but I don't want to apply before I know the damage... yeah, this will be fun to sort out mentally this month.
  • joe.navranjoe.navran Alum Member
    7 karma
    That was the biggest joke LG I have seen since like the earliest LG's. I suppose all the banter about the older style games being irrelevant made them want to bring back some weirdness. Straight up torture, I had it as my first section and it really messed me up because I couldnt stop thinking about how weird it was during the other sections.
    68 karma
    That sucks! It was my last section and I just knew we were being pranked once I got through it. Unfortunately, that was not the case.. lol
  • josemartinez725josemartinez725 Free Trial Member
    52 karma
    @higdon37: We're on the same boat. Actually, that's pretty much the case with every respectable school. To make matters worse, I had to miss deadlines last year because of unforseen circumstances not involving the exam itself. Waiting two years for my opportunity to do it right might just be beyond my capacities.
    47 karma
    It was my last section too and I kept telling myself that it was the experiment since circle games has been largely missing in the last couple years. Sadly, I remember reading that do they randomly pop up here and there and thought, 'it'll be on mine" UGH! I will say there was a question on my other LG section that had me scratching my head. It just felt a little underwhelming, I was hoping to feel more confident afterwards. Now 3/5/14 can't come quick enough!
  • MastersonMasterson Alum Member
    edited February 2014 15 karma
    I think I did okay... I am praying and hoping I score around the 150-160 range.

What surprised me the most was that the proctors were so cool... I always read (online somwhere) that the proctors are like TSA agents, but mines were cool, cracked jokes, and gave a genuinely supportive vibe, they even told a guy to go put his phone in his car when he had it (before the test started, of course)... But yeah... Super cool people. (Maybe it is because I took in the Miami, fl Area, but yea..)

One thing, was that the Reading Comp section seemed pretty easy, I am not sure this is because of where it was placed (I don't wanna give it away), but I really found the readings interesting and think I got almost all of it right. Another thing was that I did review the reading comp videos of JY before the test, which I guessed help, because I heard his voice narrating the passage lol.

Anyway... I hope else everyone did well too.

• HeatherMHeatherM Alum Member
    42 karma
    LG with the circle-real. It was on my test.....that whole section can suck it. I thought it was VERY difficult.Thought it was the "tester section" but I only had one LG, so it wasnt. :( I DO NOT want to take that damn test ever again....
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    I'm sorry to hear that you guys got a difficult test, particularly with the retro LG. Hopefully, the equating will allow for more incorrect answers per score.
    68 karma
    What sucks is that having gone through the 7sage curriculum, I was more than confident that I could destroy that game, but unfortunately the other three games wreaked havoc on my time, leaving me under 5 minutes to tackle that oddball game. Grrr! lol
  • drivestainlessdrivestainless Alum Member
    8 karma
    Two of the four proctors at my test talked throughout. Can I get a refund for my test?
  • mvallani8mvallani8 Alum Member
    edited February 2014 40 karma
    7Sagers!

At my test centre some kid had the audacity to bring his phone into the room (after lying to the proctors) AND further had the audacity to pick it up when it rang...

This happened in the second section and that was RC for me. It sucks because I was feeling good about it in the beginning but then it went downhill after he totally destroyed my rhythm. And to top it off it took him 5-6 minutes to gather his things and left by slamming his desk (classy I know).

The people at my centre were beyond pissed. We are going to call LSAC on Monday and file a complaint. Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? I feel like I got the short end of the stick here :(
    1878 karma
    It won't be LSAC's first encounter with such a complaint. Hopefully, they will allow you to retake for free. Not much else they can do.
  • annkang1005annkang1005 Alum Member
    63 karma
    Ooooh I can't believe the circular logic game isn't the dummy. I actually did totally fine on the circular game, instead, I totally ended up guessing on the grouping game for some reason. I probably missed an important inference and spent way too much figuring out. Which sucks because on the other LG I had about 10 minutes left, while this one I ran out of time and ended up guessing 3 questions, which is something I've NEVER done before. :'(
  • mvallani8mvallani8 Alum Member
    40 karma
    This same centre had a snow day on the test day last year and they were able to rewrite it a couple weeks after. Do you think the same could happen in my situation? Or is it a lost cause?
    1878 karma
    Maybe. Doesn't hurt to try.
  • Jaguar007Jaguar007 Free Trial Member
    114 karma
    HE actually picked up during the teST?

gUys i was miserable about the circle game too
    I feel much better knowing my fellow educated colleagues found it difficult too
    how do you guys think the score in general will work in terms of curving based on this?
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    edited February 2014 14017 karma
    Wow, sorry guys. I didn't mean to mislead you.

I think the last circular game in a disclosed LSAT showed up on PT 41, Oct. 2003 which is over 10 years ago.

Thanks to your comments here, I amended my advice there from basically "It's a rare game" to "It showed up again in a future undisclosed LSAT".

This got me thinking, if the LSAC had a weird game type that they only toss into the February tests, most of us will never know. People mostly likely see only 1 February LSAT ever and wouldn't detect the trend. If you try to extrapolate from disclosed LSATs, you also wouldn't detect the trend.

This is purely conjecture though with nearly no supporting evidence.
  • Lori CarsonLori Carson Free Trial Member
    22 karma
    Mvaillani8, I had a similar thing happen on my prior test. The girl next to me looked ahead and got booted out of the room, which took 3-5 minutes. Unfortunately, it was on RC and it totally made me forget the passage and lose out on 1/4 of the section. On top of which the proctor kept harassing me repeatedly bcs there was no room on my very small desk so put my pencils in my shirt (which she was sure meant I'd stab myself and pushed & pushed me on the issue). My appeal with LSAC got me nowhere - not allowed to retake for free or anything. Simply chose to cancel. Good luck with those folks - they weren't very nice to me.
  • crcallavacrcallava Alum Member
    6 karma
    Does LSAC give some kind of formal explanation for why some of their tests are non-disclosed? What you're saying conjecturally was my biggest fear going into today's test.
    1878 karma
    Don't worry, J.Y. Everyone understands you were only trying to help. It makes sense to try focusing on the games that appear frequently. Even Powerscore mentions these rare games should not be studied to an equal degree.

Unfortunately, LSAC does not always obey our orders.
    47 karma
    JY, I second that. Totally not your fault. This is a type of game I didn't see a lot of and it wasn't heavily covered in Powerscore either therefore I did NOT place the weight maybe I should have ....

It just stinks to have something come up that you had no reason to believe it would! This course made it so I didn't not leave in tears :)
  • Jaguar007Jaguar007 Free Trial Member
    114 karma
    J Y we love you you helped us through the whole test! I will always recommend 7sages to everyone on Law students.ca! You guys truly want us to succeed! You are the best!
  • dwschlossdwschloss Alum Member
    5 karma
    BRUTAL proctors. They kept us over an hour longer than we should've been there between all of their nonsense.

First, we had to move rooms after we'd all checked in and settled.

Secondly, the proctor announced "5 minutes left" after only 25 minutes and TOTALLY fucked up my rhythm. I was on pace to finish the section I was on with a minute or two to spare and I panicked, skipped 3 questions, and then had to go back to them...only to have her announce that we had 5 more minutes when I thought we were out.

Thirdly, they kept us waiting for 25 minutes instead of 15. Man, 15 is enough! My heart was racing and to have 10 extra minutes of anxiety was definitely not appreciated.

And then after the exam, they were just dawdling about for 15 minutes after we'd handed in the exam (I didn't realize this wasn't standard, but 2 people who'd written the LSAT prior said that after they announced that the writing sample section was over, they waited for about 2 more minutes and were then released. We waited AT LEAST 15).

And that LG with the circular game. Man, I can't believe how tough it was. Seriously there wasn't even a moderately easy or "by the book" game. They were all unorthodox and tricky and that final circular game was the icing on top. Luckily I wrote it last. If that had been one of my first sections, I would've been totally frazzled for the rest of the exam.
  • titaniumtitanium Alum Member
    edited February 2014 86 karma
    The logic games section with the table was pretty hard. The other three sections I must say that, because I took the 7sage course, it was possible to conquer, yet no success comes without challenges, smiles, tears and real passion, it must have real passion, otherwise it would not be a conquer situation. Hopefully some visionary school will look at us all beyond a table. One way or another, 7sage was the best thing that happened in the life of this medical doctor soon to be law student. Mr. Martinez, you were an inspiration to me. Please keep fighting brother. 7sage, you are simply the best, you care, you mean well and you deliver without expecting anything but the real success of those that trusted you with their future and sweet law school adventures. 7 sage, keep up the fantastic work!
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    edited February 2014 14017 karma
    You guys are mean the world to me. Thank you.

I have to say though, getting lumped in with PowerScore... ouch, that hurts. But, that's fine. I deserved it. :)

I'll do better next time!
    47 karma
    No no no!! I made the mistake of buying Powerscore before I found 7sage. it took me a while to unlearn the craziness I had learned in their logic games bible.
    After a week with your course, I was 'owning' games in 5 mins! Except the circular games which I just wasn't seeing a lot of then. So I gambled and strengthened my skill in sequencing and grouping. Totally my fault. In no way do I think 7sage and Powerscore can be 'lumped' together! This course is 10x better than those books/methods!
  • NellysLSATNellysLSAT Alum Member
    186 karma
    BIG CONGRATULATIONS to all you feb test takers!!!!!
    At the end of the day your hard work has paid off. You all have demonstrated great discipline, courage and determination in your studies AND completion of the LSAT.
    so again BE PROUD no matter the outcome.