Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A lesson in Life

Jason Camp_Jason Camp_ Alum Member
edited February 2014 in General 61 karma
To all who study this test,

As I first started to study the LSAT I was immediately drawn to my score. Even after one week of practice I was so concerned with a 160 that I would pause the timer, spend an extra 3 minutes on a curve breaker question then continue the test. This practice method showed me that I was capable of a 165 however, I was not practicing like it was the real thing.

When I was taking the Dec. LSAT, I immediately became nervous and flustered that time was slipping by and there was no option to pause for a question. By not feeling in control of the test, the test controlled me.

I received my score of 152 and as it is disappointing, this mark couldn't be more of a blessing. In life much like the LSAT, failure will come and obstacles will seem tiresome and daunting. The key is to reaffirm faith and believe that the light is at the end of the tunnel. This mark showed me how bad I want to study law and I realize that I can handle failure but I can't handle giving up. What I realize now is that no matter how bad your PT's are, you will grow and succeed for when the real test comes. I hope this little informative shows you that there are no short-cuts for success and I found this out the hard way. I hope everyone can understand that a score today does not mean the same score tomorrow...now go get that score you want.

Comments

• Bret CypelBret Cypel Alum Member
    122 karma
    Thanks for the advice, Jason. Now, you go too... go quickly into the night with your torch... your armor... your sword, and prepare to slay the mighty LSAT Dragon again. May the hand of Grog, the all-powerful, be with you. Farewell for now, brother. Good luck on your logic quest.