Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if you score lower on the retake?

Mark D. YgarzaMark D. Ygarza Alum Member
edited October 2015 in General 34 karma
Im wondering if its worth it to retake for December being that their is a possibility of getting a lower score. I received a 160 for the October exam and was hoping to get a 163. My target school is Fordham and I could not find anything on their website on whether they take the highest score or they average them out.

Are schools now mostly taking the highest score or are they averaging them? I now the policy used to be different in the past. Also if you take it in December then the schools wont look at your application until they have your score correct?

If anyone has some knowledge pleasee let me know best of luck to everyone in the application process!

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"Mark D. Ygarza" said:
    Are schools now mostly taking the highest score or are they averaging them?
    They take the highest score.

So stop worrying! PREPARE like a boss for December and ... well ... You've done this once, so the hard thing is out of the way. The next time you take it, it'll just be another PT. That's it.
  • Mark D. YgarzaMark D. Ygarza Alum Member
    34 karma
    Thanks Im def going to rtake it now. Appreciate the insight.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Straight from the fox's mouth!

"Fact 1: Schools will only care about your highest score. It is the only score that goes to USNWR. The mandate on the admissions office is to only care about your highest score (Yale might be the one exception). We answer this question every week of the year “if my score goes down will it hurt me? The answer is very simple and binary, ”no, it will not.”"

http://spiveyconsulting.com/blog/help-i-failed-the-lsat-october-edition/