Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3rd take Advice needed

zfan01zfan01 Free Trial Member
in General 6 karma
So basically I scored 166 in June and bombed the October one(163). I intend to do my third take in December and I really want to push myself to >168.
I guess I just found myself in some 160s plateau. For LR, I've read both Bible and Manhattan. But I still don't think I've mastered LR. For my practice tests, I usually got from -2 to -4 for each LR section. For my October test, I got 7 wrong for my first LR(ughhh). So I think I definitely need some serious improvement for my LR. The recent PT70s' LR also hit me hard. I think the assumption family questions(and flaws) just became a lot harder.
But unfortunately I have used up all my PTs(except the ones in 90s) I guess I can redo the games but I remember too much of the LR to not be affected by memories.
So is there any good advice to improve my LR in one month and a half? Will drilling packets(PT1-38) help me at all? I am a little desperate now...
Thank you so much in advance!
(I posted this in TLS but apparently there is no response yet : ( )

Comments

• GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    If I were a doctor, I would prescribe copious amounts of The LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim. In that amount of time, I think it should open some things up for you. I would hold off drilling until you get through that.
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    If 163 = bombed then I have no advice
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Retakes are immensely beneficial, so don't shy away from them just because you've taken them already. You'll be surprised how much you don't remember. Also, the early tests are valuable too! I honestly believe that you have to be anticipating answers for the large majority of questions on the test, which means that you can't rush through the stimulus on the first read. Spend the time on it to really understand the argument. You have to train yourself to be constantly critical and to have a strong self-talk. If you have some earlier tests, try taking a couple LR sections as untimed BR. When doing so, do not move onto the answer choices until you are comfortable describing what the flaw is, where the assumptions lie, and what the correct answer choice is going to be. A lot of times you'll surprise yourself and step 3 of this process will match pretty well with the correct answer. Even if it doesn't, engaging in steps 1 and 2 will set you up nicely to finding the correct answer once you do move on.