Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC, LR, and LG lessons not in order

Edmond.DantesEdmond.Dantes Alum Member
edited December 2015 in General 155 karma
I originally planned to knock out each section one at a time. However, the 7sage course syllabus mixes them. I know the 3 sections are all connected (logic reasoning, analysis, etc.), but any good reason for following the 7sage method as opposed to just knocking out all LR, then all LG, then all RC?

Thanks.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I'd just go with it as they have set it up. Keep in mind this is not what they first came out with and they moved things around based on feedback. There is somewhat of a method to the madness and if you take your approach I can almost guarantee you will bomb LR when you start to PT because it will have been a long time since you have done it. By interweaving all the sections as you learn it keeps you fresh in each and mimics the way in which your brain needs to be able to move seamlessly from section to section and question to question. Also, on a personal note, if I'm paying good money for a highly recommended or well-reviewed service, like a nice 8 course dinner for example, I'm not going to go in and tell them to serve me the sorbet intermezzo first and then the main course and then the soup. I'm going to take it in as offered since a lot of effort has been put into finely crafting the presentation. Sure it's all going to the same place, but it's better to end with a beautiful dessert than an amuse bouche.
  • Edmond.DantesEdmond.Dantes Alum Member
    edited October 2015 155 karma
    Great comment, and that's precisely the question.

Let's say the set menu for your 8 course puts the sorbet intermezzo first and the entree last. Should you try something new, or should you go with the more familiar? That was my tradeoff - it's more intuitive to knock out each section one at a time.

What's everyone else's preference? (esp. for those who took the test). 7Sage mix, or one at a time?
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @Jengibre Great Article, thanks for sharing!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Thanks Ginger!