Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will the LSAT ever mention multiple flaws that could be true?

in General 199 karma
Hello,
Would the LSAT ever use the same flaw type that has subcategories in the same question? For example, would it ever have multiple answer choices that would say A) over generalization B) Bisased sampling , etc. there are many subcategories of this flaw type but would they have answer choices that falls under the subcategories

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Not sure if this is exactly the type of thing you're referring to, but there are flaw questions in which it will address conditionality in more than one AC and it could be the case that one is right and one or more is wrong or that they are all wrong because there is no flaw in conditionality. Or there are flaw questions that deal with subset issues and it will provide two ACs that are simply opposites of each other, i.e.- "takes for granted that something that is true of an individual in a group is true of the group as a whole" and "takes for granted that something that is true of a group is true of each individual within that group". Does that answer your question?
  • ZayyyahhZayyyahh Member
    26 karma
    There is absolutely only one right answer and four wrong choices every single time. If your worried about confusing flaw issues focus on eliminating choices that don't properly answer the question stem. That's what I do, hope this helps!
  • 199 karma
    Precisely, sometimes those questions can be very confusing, and I have a hard time eliminating the correct answer, since they are so similar
    8021 karma
    Why would you eliminate the correct answer? That might be your problem right there...
    8021 karma
    Keep in mind that the flaw ALWAYS occurs because the conclusion should not be drawn based on the premises for some reason... they will often put multiple premises in the stimulus and then there will be flaws within the premises themselves and then one or more trap ACs will try to rope you into thinking that these premise flaws are the actual flaw of the argument.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"Lord Revan" said:
    There is absolutely only one right answer and four wrong choices every single time.
    Is your username a KOTOR reference?
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    The Flaw = why support does not guarantee conclusion
  • FWDTexasFWDTexas Alum Member
    52 karma
    PT 33 Sec 1 Q22 is a flaw - except question(each of the following accurately describes a flaw in the lawyers reasoning displayed above except).

I guess this would be an example of multiple flaws in a question.