Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

@Everyone who's ALREADY APPLIED to Law Schools for Aug 2014

mmigliommiglio Alum Member
edited March 2014 in General 122 karma
Okay, so I'm far from a respectable source of knowledge on Law School admissions, but I know many of you have applied (or are already in).

Is anyone else finding it drop-dead incredible how responsive and accepting law schools are being lately?

I know that admission is down by 16%, but to give you all an idea: I have a 3.1 GPA and a 157 on the February LSAT. I've been getting emails and having very, VERY promising correspondence from schools that I don't even meet the 25th percentile for. How is this possible? I even had a great talk with the Dean of Admissions at the University of Virginia, and they're ranked 7 or so.

Now, granted, I did start two businesses, have a lot of extracurricular activities and did a lot for my community, however they didn't know all of that when they sent me an email and asked me to apply free of charge, or in some cases even offered me scholarships.

All that they knew about me was that I had a 3.1, a 157, and am Puerto Rican.

My best guess is that they need Puerto Ricans for affirmative action or something,or that the 16% drop in admissions this year had a much bigger impact than I thought it would.

Comments

• SFlorida93SFlorida93 Alum Member
    96 karma
    Wow, that is awesome! I hope you get into UVA because even though I haven't taken the LSAT yet, my GPA is also hurting. :/

Please keep us updated with the admissions decisions!
  • DanielB84DanielB84 Alum Member
    95 karma

Wow congrats man! I always love hearing positive stories like these. Please keep us updated!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited August 2018 9377 karma

@danielbillostas said:
    Wow congrats man! I always love hearing positive stories like these. Please keep us updated!

This thread is from 2014 so the user is probably in law school or already working as a lawyer :sweat_smile: