Retaking PTs..Scored +10 points...This can't be right, right?

smmallahsmmallah Alum Member
in General 32 karma
Hey All,
I am scoring 10+ points more on PTs that I have already taken 2 months ago ...I don't think I remember the answers as its been some time since I looked at these but I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this...I am not sure how telling it is and how accurate retaking PTs can be. The only difference is that I already have a satisfactory LSAT score and I am taking these PTs with less anxiety but if I plan to take another LSAT in December I am not sure if this means i have skewed scores or it finally clicked.

Let me know if anyone else has experienced something similar. Thanks!

Comments

• allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    edited November 2015 246 karma
    Even though you don't remember the questions, having seen them before is a huge advantage. You shouldn't gauge your skill level by these scores, they are almost certainly far higher than what you would score on a new test.
  • eostrelsyeostrelsy Member
    71 karma
    I experienced the same thing. I must admit that at least for me the score doesn't count a lot on the older tests I have taken. If you do have some fresh tests, maybe use those to simulate test situation and use older tests for practice.
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    Treat and judge retakes in terms of practice and learning, not in terms of score.