Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Search function?

nikdim67nikdim67 Member
in General 51 karma
Is there a specific search box for the discussion board (not control + F)? Am I just blind?

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    It had poor functionality so they got rid of it while they retool. What are you looking for in particular?
  • nikdim67nikdim67 Member
    edited November 2015 51 karma
    In many other forums people get annoyed if you ask a question that has already been asked.. so I just wanted to check before I posted!

PT 66 Section 4 Question 20.

Conditionals aren't usually an issue for me but I had trouble interpreting "Without such marketing we will be unable to increase our enrolment"

when I draw out the conditional, not following any particular rule but in a way that makes sense from reading, I get "/M --> /IE" or "IE --> M" .. which is right I believe?

However, when I try and use lawgic I mess it up..
    negate sufficient (using without as an indicator) /M --> IE or /IE --> M

does the word "unable" mean that IE is negated as well? .. but then if that is the case if I picked IE as my negate sufficient word I would get IE --> /M

Not sure why this conditional in particular is giving me so much trouble.. think I'm having a brain fart.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Unable is a negation. So either use that as a group four negate necessary and use the without as a negation, or use without as a group three negate sufficient and use unable as a negation. In doing so you either get what you originally thought it was, or the contrapositive.

In your last example you would not negate M in the necessary because you're already using up the without as a group three indicator. A word cannot serve as both an indicator and as a negation.
  • nikdim67nikdim67 Member
    51 karma
    Thanks! @Pacifico