Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letters of Recommendation for Next App Cycle

brittanybrittany Member
in General 52 karma
Hi everyone, I initially planned on taking the December LSAT. However, I recently decided to postpone the test until June 2016 to better prepare for the exam. My recommenders have already submitted their letters for this cycle via the LSAC website. I am going to let them know shortly that I will be applying for the next application cycle. Do you know if the letters are saved in my LSAC account for use in the next cycle or do they need to re-submit for the next cycle? Thanks so much for your help!

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    They should stay there as long as your CAS account is active I believe. Just call LSAC to verify on Monday, they should be more than happy to give you a straight answer.
  • brittanybrittany Member
    52 karma
    Thank you, @Pacifico, for your help! I will reach out to the LSAC on Monday.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited November 2015 2086 karma
    I was informed by a few TLS members that the letters will remain on the site as long as you're account is active.
    Getting in touch with your recommenders is a great idea. I know that some recommenders write the date/term to which you will be applying.

@Pacifico How long does the CAS account remain active? I'm assuming as long as our LSAC account is active.
  • brittanybrittany Member
    52 karma
    Thank you, @MrSamlam, for this information! I greatly appreciate it.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    CAS is good for five years I believe. You should have an expiration date on the left hand side of your account when you are on your main LSAC page.