Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Burn-Out…..

kaytheehkaytheeh Member
in General 132 karma
just curious, what does burn out look like? Because I think I have it, and how long does it take to recover? I'm taking the test on Saturday?

Comments

• GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    For me, burn out can be defined as a mental fog and exhaustion that is hanging over your study due to overworking your brain. This results in being totally repulsed by any thought of sitting down for even five minutes with anything that resembles the LSAT. The worst thing you can do when burnt out is to press on. It won't help. You won't improve. If anything, you run the risk of a back slide in scores. If you are feeling this way at the moment, I would drop everything immediately. Take a break until Friday afternoon. Sit down for an hour or two MAX and do a few LR questions, a few games and a RC passage or two. I would not even think about the LSAT in any way until that last study session.
  • OneFortyDotSixOneFortyDotSix Alum Member
    edited July 2020 634 karma

rez'ing this this thread from a few years ago as I had a question about a potential alternate approach and wanted to see if any of you have tried it/have thoughts on it

Was prompted by this article which I found to be pretty damn inspiring - https://abovethelaw.com/2017/09/how-i-scored-a-perfect-180-on-the-lsat/

My theory is, in sports when I used to do endurance training in a fasted or severely fatigued state it used to improve my peak power output and endurance on days that I was totally fresh. Would the same concept theoretically apply to training in a state of mental fatigue?

I have noticed that when I go above an average of taking and BR'ing 3-4 sections/day my performance starts to slip. What if I lean into this slip though and just push through it - has anyone attempted something like that and seen gains? Or am I risking over-strain that would result in a sustained decrease in performance?

I'm taking the August LSAT and am trying to get into the mid 170s. Have been noticing most of the errors I make are entirely careless - usually based on missing a single word. I finish each section with 2-3 minutes to spare, but usually just go back to the questions I flagged, and careless error questions aren't typically among those. Really trying to increase precision without compromising speed.

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated