Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind review (confidence errors)

michellemoon0708michellemoon0708 Alum Member
edited March 2014 in General 79 karma
I’ve been blind reviewing (i.e. doing the non-circled timed question) a second round un-timed, and I found myself correcting my error and noting the trap I fell for. I feel as though I do not circle these, as I fall for the LSAT trap answer choice.

Do you not suggest we take a second shot at the non-circled questions before we check the answer? Or perhaps I should just be stricter on my 100% certainty approach and start circling more questions?

In essence, does anyone know if we should be doing a second un-timed stab at our confidence errors during timed practice?

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    The latter. It's pointless if you aren't 100% certain. 99.9999% isn't enough.
  • ONuellaOONuellaO Alum Member
    210 karma
    I just started using the blind review method a few weeks ago and i did the same thing you did in the beginning. Like Al said, if you’re not 100% sure all 4 answers are wrong and the one answer is right, circle it. it might seem redundant when you’re redoing it and you were right but it really helps accuracy.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Extreme scrutiny is a necessity when it pertains to these questions. You have to essentially tenderize your mind when it comes to logically inferring what the correct answer MUST be. In essence, you 'develop' your intuition and gut feeling to the point where you take something that was active and convert it to a passive mode.
  • michellemoon0708michellemoon0708 Alum Member
    edited March 2014 79 karma
    Okay, so it seems I am being to confident in my abilities, and I need to start circling more questions during timed practice, I will admit that I don't circle many. Regardless, if your approach is taken AL, then I should have close to no confidence errors after timed practice now, right?

Hopefully this helps accuracy. Thanks AL PAL! :)