Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A passage with 9 questions?

RSolZotZotRSolZotZot Member
in General 11 karma
Hey all,

I'm currently averaging a 20 on RC (23 BR) and usually do better when I go for less passages with more time on each (3 and a half). I'm wondering if there are any passages with more than 8 questions? and what is the best strategy for picking the objective passages to hit?

Thanks

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @RSolZotZot said:
    I'm wondering if there are any passages with more than 8 questions?
    I've certainly never seen a 9-question passage. I suppose it's not impossible for them to do such a thing but I wouldn't bet on it. But if you are choosing to skip a whole passage, and if your goal score allows you to miss as many as 8 points in RC (assuming full accuracy in the passages you do get to), then there's not a turnkey way to "pick" which three you will do (that I can think of), aside from just doing 1, 2, and 3. Sometimes what makes a passage hard is the passage—and sometimes it's the questions. Sometimes it's both. It's probably impossible to measure the relative difficulty of each passage without wasting some time.

If you're looking for a new approach to RC, take a look at my webinar and let me know if you have any questions.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I hate this skipping passages strategy but if you're going to do it then I think skipping the one with the fewest questions is the better way to go.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I hate this skipping passages strategy but if you're going to do it then I think skipping the one with the fewest questions is the better way to go.
    Yeah, I agree with this. Damage control.
  • RSolZotZotRSolZotZot Member
    11 karma
    Perfect, thank you for your advice @nicole.hopkins @Pacifico
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    I'll tell you what worked for me (this is for me, you may have different needs/preferences).

There were some differences on how I felt about passages content-wise, but it wasn't that big a deal. So then it came down to getting more questions answered and answered correctly....

I noticed that in some cases of later PTs they would put more questions in the last passage.

That could suck for me because if I saved it for last, and I was running out of time, by the time I finished reading the last passage, I may not have adequate time to answer all of the questions correctly.

So my solution was to do a quick scan of how many questions were in passages 3 and 4 when I got to them and do the one with more questions first. Each question made counts equally so why not maximize my chances of getting more correct. I do believe that made a difference for my on my final LSAT.