PT20.S4.Q22 - gene responsible for manic-depression

lenelson2lenelson2 Member
edited December 2015 in Logical Reasoning 523 karma
@Pacifico
I tried to tag you in my comment on pt 20 s4 q22, but I'm not sure if it worked because your name wasn't highlighted like it is in this comment box. Please let me know if you received my original tag. Thanks for your help in advance!
http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-20-section-4-question-22/

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @lenelson2 I edited your title to be more descriptive and your post to include the video in case you wanted to see J.Y. explain it.
  • lenelson2lenelson2 Member
    523 karma
    Thank you Dillon!
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    PT 20 Holy shit thats far back.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    This is a pretty standard flaw question that is just mocked up to appear to be a disagreement/method of reasoning hybrid because of the question stem. The ACs seem confusing at first because not paying close attention will lead you to believe that they are referencing Chang's statement when it is really just asking you to descriptively weaken the argument in the first paragraph. The speaker concludes that genetics cannot be responsible because their is no gene that is responsible. Therefore he is throwing out the entire discipline as being able to provide an explanation when in fact Chang brings up the point that it could still be genetics, but it just requires multiple genes to interact with one another. Again, this is really just tricky because of the interplay of the question stem and the ACs. Just approach it like the flaw question it is and you will see that A is very much the problem and the rest are way off.