Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on Prep Moving Forward?

nibs7985nibs7985 Member
edited December 2015 in General 100 karma
Hey everyone,

I'm hoping that I can get a bit of candid advice from you (especially from high-scorers).

I booked myself in to write the February LSAT. I need a 160+ in order to have a real shot at any schools.

I've been studying for about 7 months altogether. 3 months last year, then I took a break, and now I've been studying since September of this year.

My diagnostic was a 140. I've written ten preptests since September. I started at a 158 on my first preptest in september, and then went up and down between 151 (lowest) and 159 (highest). My last three tests have been a 158, 155, 158.

I am usually 3-4 raw points short of a 160. My weakest points are RC (-7 per section) and LR (-3 to -7 per section). I've also improved in LG but still not perfect.

I BR anywhere between 173 (highest) and 167 (lowest).

I'm 25 years old and really, really want to get a 160 on the Feb LSAT so that I don't have to wait until 2017 to start lawschool (my parents are also getting on my nerves to be honest).

With that said, I was thinking that my best shot at attaining a 160+ for February is to take either 1 of 2 options:

1) to keep writing preptests, and keep blind-reviewing every question and hope that I can break 160 by sometime before February 6th.

& then pick up the 7sage course if I am not hitting my target score by February (while postponing until June)

2) Pick up the 7sage course, go through it all before February (I'd likely pick up the Ultimate because I hear that it can give me more help for LR), write a preptest or two, and be at my goal score before February 6th (is this realistic? how long does the course take? I can put in 10-12 hours a day.)

What would you do?

Any advice would help.

Thanks in advance!

N

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    It just really depends on how deeply you understand the material. At your score range, there is definitely room to grow in the fundamentals (and 7sage is great at teaching that) and it is likely also a combination of bad or not-yet-developed habits. At this point, adding in a new curriculum (especially one as comprehensive and robust as 7sage) is going to make February more difficult to attain; but if your fundamentals are not yet solid, then there's no point in moving forward in PT'ing (wasting PT's). My gut says February is possible but more information is needed.

Your BR scores are good so those indicate a high level of understanding: that's the good news! And you've already come a LONG ways from your diagnostic—also very good news! Furthermore, you've only used ~10 PT's. FANTASTIC! You're in a great position to make serious improvements and have already put in a lot of hard work.

In order to give you more SPECIFIC advice (like, what to buy, what your schedule should be) I would need to have more insight into your problem areas, strengths, etc.