Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for Admin

tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
in General 2573 karma
Is there a way to notify the forum that someone has posted a question from one of the course sections, without flooding the forums? I've seen people question whether anybody actually views the posts throughout the course if they don't get responses to their questions. Just wondering if there's some way to notify the forum, just as some questions posted the the forums are "bumped" to the top if not answered? It seems that once the course has been completed people generally do not go back to the questions posted throughout the course. Any questions are then posted in the forums. When I'm bored at work I often browse the forums just as I do social media and chime in here or there. It's just more "visual." More eyes are viewing the forums than are viewing the questions posted throughout the course, so maybe better chances of a question being answered in the forums. I've seen mentors and admins reply to questions but of course you guys have lives and can't click on every lesson in the course everyday to make sure questions have been answered.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    On the dashboard homepage all recently asked questions in the curriculum are posted.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Thanks @tanes256 for question, Thanks @Pacifico - no clue that existed. Dashboard comes up with info about Study Buddies and I never scrolled down!
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @Pacifico I know the most recent questions are posted there; however, as more questions come in they are pushed down to the bottom whether they were answered or not. I don't think many people pay much attention to that when they log in either. Just as @twssmith said, he never knew about the Study Buddy stuff on the homepage because he never scrolled down. I think people are generous and like to help, I just don't think people really pay attention to it. I'm sure there are plenty of people that don't scroll down. I'm either in the forum or resources tab. I only go to the course when I need to refresh something and it's very rare that I even scroll down to the bottom to see any questions posted in the lessons, especially if I'm on my phone. Just wanted to know from the Admins if there is a way that questions posted in the course can somehow be visible in the forum? Maybe another category for students still in the course? Those browsing the forums would have a better chance of seeing those questions and can respond to more questions. Just providing a suggestion. 7Sage is great just as is; however, I love all the improvements and additions since I joined a few years ago. Thx Admins for all that you do!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    The only posts that show up on the dashboard are questions. I check the comments everyday and if I see something hasn't been answered, I usually let the mentors know. I don't *think* there's a way to show the questions on the forums like that, but I'll pass the request along.
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" coolbeans!