Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you go through each lesson in order or jump around

mzsheribaby2983mzsheribaby2983 Alum Member
edited April 2014 in General 58 karma
I started going through each lesson in order. But I skip the example questions and go to all the explaining of the subjects. I want to go through the examples at the same time I am taking a test so I can see and compare my answers and approaches with the examples. (Does this make sense?)

Comments

• laestelle2009laestelle2009 Alum Member
    96 karma
    well if i understand correctly, what you're doing may be unproductive.
    i go through the lessons in order because i have noticed that lessons i'm currently learning are based on subjects that I've already been taught therefore making it easier for me to understand the new lesson. if you skip around, you'll miss that.

i also believe that you should go through all the lessons first and then do the PT's. you don't want to waste the PT's because there are only so many. in the lessons JY is already teaching you how to attack each type of question there is on the LSAT so in my opinion comparing the explanation videos to the questions on the PT is unnecessary. I've found that if i immediately check my answers or compare my answers, my confidence suffers which is NOT a good thing.

however, everyone is different. people learn in different ways therefore i encourage you to do what you think is best for you. it's great that you asked this though so you can get suggestions from other people and new tips/advice that may work for you.
  • E.T.90066-1E.T.90066-1 Alum Member
    377 karma
    The only lessons I jumped around is LG. I honestly did the first week and second week lessons while doing the LG lessons, I find it better for ME to learn logic games as early as possible at a slow rate.
  • ArchiebootsArchieboots Alum Member
    155 karma
    When it comes to the curriculum, I do jump around and do not always follow the order. However, when I start a lesson, I make sure that I do all the items in it and skip none even though some might seem obvious to me. It's always good practice and I would not want to miss one of JY's pertinent remarks or useful tips.

I think you might be right for LG as I know that personally it took me a long time (6 months?) to go for 14 right to 21 right in a LG section. Save the PTs though, they are great value for practice.
  • michellemoon0708michellemoon0708 Alum Member
    79 karma
    Jump around!
  • wendelsr-1wendelsr-1 Alum Member
    111 karma
    I always went in order within each lesson. However, if I found myself getting bored or needing a different pace, I would finish my current lesson and move on to a lesson on logic games or reading comp. Basically just work on a new subject for a few days.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    @wendelsr: I did what you did for the most part. I would switch between RC and games frequently to test if I knew the logic as well as I thought I did.