evals?

jaspreetkaur28jaspreetkaur28 Free Trial Member
in General 20 karma
When doing my first letter of red I put my prof. for a evil. she did it too. But my other prof. I just left it. I heard since they're a new thing is it even worth assigning it to schools? I did it to "increase my chances" but I think someone on here said they're annoying to the admissions office. I think it was pacifico lol not sure. Should I just delete the eval? Thanks for your inputs!

Comments

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Not too sure myself. I was informed that only a few schools look at them. I researched whether to submit evaluation requests, and a few days worth of looking around the interwebz yielded a simple "don't bother."
    I don't think requesting an evaluation would hurt your chances of getting into the school of your choice. Worst case scenario, research your school and find out whether they want an eval or not.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Evals are a joke. Don't waste their time. They add nothing of value to your application and are pretty redundant if you get them from your recommenders.
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    I wouldn't do them unless they were required. One of my apps requires them sadly
  • jaspreetkaur28jaspreetkaur28 Free Trial Member
    20 karma
    thanks guys. I guess its pointless to do them
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    What school requires them? I haven't come across that yet...
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    @Pacifico Albany law school, University of Montana law school and university of Detroit mercy law school
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Agree with Pacifico at the Law School forum, I asked a number of schools and they said they preferred letters or evals.