Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOR question

zoeygrl101zoeygrl101 Member
edited December 2015 in General 16 karma
I have one LOR from an undergrad professor who knows me very well and always writes a superb letter for me.

I've been in the working world for 2 years, so I'm wondering would it be better for me to get another LOR from an undergrad law professor (likely to be run of the mill review) or a current boss of mine (great review)? This would mean letting my boss know that I plan to leave the company to go to law school.

OR should I use a character reference that would definitely be a glowing review of my work ethic?

Comments

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    If you've been working having a LOR that is great and personally insightful is the way to go from a boss is better than a run of the mill professor letter. Just make sure your boss touches on points about your abilities that will be important in law school.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    You really should have at least two academic if you can. You're not K-JD but you aren't far off so I would say your best bet is two academic LORs and one from your employer.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Also it doesn't matter if the UG prof was in a law related class. Just get the best second academic LOR you can regardless of the area of expertise of the professor, or the class you took with them.
  • zoeygrl101zoeygrl101 Member
    16 karma
    Great info! Thank you!
  • AtcolsatAtcolsat Free Trial Member
    22 karma
    I graduated college 9 years ago, and all the professors I was close to died or left academia a long time ago. I've only worked freelance jobs in music since graduating so I have no real employers. What should I to do about LoRs?