Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lsat Analytic- guessing

crazyloedcrazyloed Alum Member
in General 105 karma
When entering my pretest answers in the analytics , I put B on all the questions that I did not have time to get to. Is this ok still to find out my weakest areas in the pre-test sections?

Comments

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    edited February 2016 3197 karma
    You can just leave these blank I believe, as you enter then into the Analytics. That would give the most accurate picture as you did not get to them during the timed test and failed to enter in a guess under timed conditions.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I never leave anything blank during PTs to practice never leavin anything blank during the real test. I input all the answers as I chose them and then obviously the guesses are circled for BR as well. In my opinion this gives the most accurate feedback since any guesses will even out over time towards the 20% chance threshold. If I failed to bubble an answer for a guess I would leave it blank for the timed analytics to reflect that I made a mistake and deserve to cost myself a raw point.
    edited February 2016 3197 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I never leave anything blank during PTs to practice never leavin anything blank during the real test.
    Yep I agree try to really put a guess down under timed conditions so you have it no matter what. Its good to have a guessing, running out of time strategy that you practice now. So if you go with B, then put B before on your test before you move on, for any guesses or skipped questions.

Basically whatever you put on your scantron/test sheet put into the analytics. Hence, if you didn't get to it in time, leave it blank. Those points you lose like @Pactifico mentions can really help motivate you to never leave anything blank on a test and that will carry through to test day.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    A PT is exactly that, a practice test. Treat it like you would the real test. If you intend on guessing on the real test, which you should, than do so on your PT. Just be sure to go back and mark the ones you guessed on, so that you can do them under un-timed conditions.
  • as5324therapyas5324therapy Member
    175 karma
    LOOK at your scantron. whatever letter is picked least (assuming your accurate in what you bubbled in) go with that one
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    edited February 2016 1024 karma
    3197 karma
    Haha @as5324therapy one of my BR partners suggested that (especially when you skip in the middle) and wouldn't you know it... That's how I got almost all of Oct 15 game 3 right... I missed the rule and ran out of time and literally had 1 min to answer 5 question and went ok Nico... And alternated between the two answer choices that section was lacking... I know it was pure luck, but wow!
  • as5324therapyas5324therapy Member
    175 karma
    Go thru any PT 1-77 notice how they don't use a letter more than 8 times in a row per section.