Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paying Tutor for help in Grouping games....

E.T.90066-1E.T.90066-1 Alum Member
edited April 2014 in General 377 karma
I am paying a tutor for help in grouping games, can anyone help me out throughout Skype? I am really low in cash and will be taking a hard hit financially to pay for this two hour tutoring session($120). I need help with In/out games...

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Did you purchase the 7sage package? JY's explanations are the best in the industry. Or are you still having a tough time even with his explanations?
  • E.T.90066-1E.T.90066-1 Alum Member
    377 karma
    Yeah, its just I am having a hard time finding inferences at the start....
  • Will EdwardsWill Edwards Alum Member Inactive Sage
    175 karma
    The thing I found to help was giving myself as much time as I needed for a few games and really drawing out all the inferences before moving to the questions. That helped me draw them out more quickly under timed circumstances. It does take some practice. Also, when approaching a LG section in the curriculum, I wouldn't even attempt the first game on my own, I'd just print the game out and do the setup along with JY, then do the questions on my own before watching his explanation for those. Next game I'd do the setup on my own and then watch JY's setup before doing the questions to make sure I got everything. These might seem counterintuitive because they are easier, but I really feel these two approaches helped me mold my mind into LG shape.
  • AlenaLSATAlenaLSAT Alum Member
    edited April 2014 182 karma
    Do you know all the rules of inferences by heart? It gets pretty easy when you know them like the multiplication table. I've noticed that most in/out games have a Not A then B rule, which gives you three options, A and not B, B and not A or both A and B. So, you can make three boards and make inferences for each one. Once you proceed to the questions, a lot of the answers can be found on your boards. However, not all games have that rule. Like today I was doing preptest 70, and the second game was like that, and was more time consuming.
  • E.T.90066-1E.T.90066-1 Alum Member
    377 karma
    It is not that they are hard, they are just taking over 13 minutes to complete.
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited April 2014 6866 karma
    If you're taking 13 minutes per game, then you can't possibly say that they're not hard. For you, at least, they are clearly hard. There is no such thing as "just" having difficulty making inferences - that's the entire point of the section. Do not overestimate your capabilities or underestimate the difficulty of the test.

Given your financial situation I won't be able to offer you my services, but I encourage you to watch JY's videos again. This time, make sure you ask yourself WHY he does every step and HOW you could have seen to do the same, and not just what he does to solve the problem.