Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a way to see which sections are hardest before taking the pracitce tests?

galt680galt680 Alum Member
in General 10 karma
I know how to sort by individual question but what if I want to take tests with the hardest game section or reading section?

Comments

• runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    For the games there's a place in the mobile app, in the main menu to the side that says "logic games". If you open that, it tells you how each LG section is ranked (Easiest, Easier, Medium, Harder, Hardest), which correspond to the 1-5 rankings in the Analytics.
    I'm not aware of a similar thing for RC, I am only able to see the difficulty of sections for the tests I've already done. Out of those, it appears that the ones ranked 5 are: 1,2,3,4,6,13,15,16,19,20,26,30,32,33,35,38,40,44,45,46,48,50,51,55,60,62,63,72,73,74. (That's 30 out of 63 ranked 5)
    I've not done 53,54,56,58,59,61,64,65,66,67,68,69,70,71,75,76,77, so I don't know which ones of those are ranked 5, but maybe people more advanced in their prep can chime in.

Just bear in mind that what is difficult for you might be different than what's difficult for an average of 7Sage users, which is what the analytics are based on.
    Looks like on average people have more trouble with RC (almost half of the sections are ranked most difficult) then LG, where only a handful of sections are ranked most difficult. LR is somewhere in between.
    I will end by saying that I'm not a huge fan of knowing what others thought of the test before I take it, because it might freak me out unnecessarily, but I can see that if you're only going to do a limited number of test you'd want to include the ones that have the hardest sections, at least for your weakest sections (hardest LG's if you such at LG).

• allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    One note of caution here - I think it's good to not know what you're about to be up against. That simulates the real test more accurately. Of course if you want to get practice with harder sections, go for it, but I think in the course of regular PTing you will hit enough challenging sections to hone your skills to the degree you want to.