Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to Begin Taking Practice Tests

Miss NanceeMiss Nancee Alum Member
in General 20 karma
Hi everyone,
I plan on taking the LSAT (for the third time) this June; I purchased the starter package and am currently going through the lessons. I was wondering if you all would recommend taking practice tests before fully completing the core curriculum? Should I start practicing the LR sections when I begin the Introduction to Reading Comprehension lesson? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    Can you push your test back to fall? Especially if it’s your third attempt, you’ve got to be ready, and you’re behind. Push back to fall, and just focus on the curriculum for now. You can use PTs 1-35 to drill, but don’t look beyond that until you’re done with core. There’s a group forming to PT and BR here:
    https://7sage.com/discussion#/discussion/7091/september-2016-br-group
    and looks like it has set down a good schedule if you want to join it, or you can just use the schedule.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Agreeing with @"Can’t Get Right" . You just started the curriculum, and you're on your third attempt. I hate to be the one to say it, but you're really pushing your luck.
    You're better off waiting until you've completed the curriculum...don't PT until then. Chances are you have already used up quite a few of your PTs. Save the rest for when you are truly ready to take them.
  • Miss NanceeMiss Nancee Alum Member
    20 karma
    @"Can’t Get Right" @MrSamIam I will consider pushing the LSAT back to fall. I should be finished with the entire curriculum before the June LSAT registration deadline and will take a few PTs in order to get an average score and use that to determine whether or not I should push it back. Thank you for the advice :)!!
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @"Miss Nancee" said:
    I was wondering if you all would recommend taking practice tests before fully completing the core curriculum?
    Nope! Just go ahead and follow the schedule in the course. Very important to only take PT's once you're done with the curriculum. Happy LSATting!
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    There are plenty of LR/LG sections to practice with in the PT's 1-35. You don't need to burn through fresh PTs before you have a thorough understanding of the curriculum and you've done some practice drills from the early PTs.
    And I second pushing back to September, unless your previous attempts are already within a couple of points from your desired score or you are retaking because of something like a bubbling error or massive anxiety attack.
    The only advantage of taking June is that if you mess up you have September to fall back on and still apply early. But you're on your third attempt, so that doesn't count. You want to be in absolutely top shape when you sit down in that classroom, and you just don't have enough time before June, especially if you're aiming for a substantial improvement.
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    What materials were you using prior to 7Sage? What is your goal score? Where did you score the last two times you took the test?