Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your post-PT routine?

cmelman95cmelman95 Alum Member
in General 730 karma
I don't know about you, but after each exhausting 5-section practice test I take, I have to do something else to decompress for a few hours. Usually I'll either play some video games or watch YouTube videos, but today I was fortunate enough to watch Middle Tennessee knock off Michigan State. Do you guys jump right from the PT into BR, or, if you take some time off, how long do you take and what do you do?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    I always timed my PTs to align with what my actual test time was going to be. So I’d finish up around lunch time and usually run grab some take out and watch some Futurama while I ate. A couple hours, then I’d get back on it.
  • Chris127Chris127 Alum Member
    81 karma
    I don't BR immediately after I take a PT. I usually PT in the morning and BR at night. I usually complete my BR the following day. I think giving your mind time to decompress is a good thing, and you see the questions again in a different state of mind.
  • cmelman95cmelman95 Alum Member
    730 karma
    @"Can’t Get Right" thank god I'm taking the test in June, so I don't have to worry about getting my mind in gear at 8:30 am. That's inhumane.

@Chris127 I agree, I find I reason much more clearly and more detachedly from my original process when I take a few hours to do something completely different and then revisit my answers.
    27822 karma
    Yeah @cmelman95 June is definitely nice for the time. I sync my schedule months in advance. Same sleep schedule, same breakfast, same everything to make sure I'm physically and mentally aligned optimally for test day. 6 am every day gets old. But it's a strategy of adjustment, so after a couple of weeks it's fine and test day is just another day.
    730 karma
    @"Can’t Get Right" yup it's all about fooling your brain and body so you minimize stress on test day. amazing the lengths we go to to prepare our entire selves for this 4 hour test.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    I quickly skim through the test to see if there was a BR question I forgot to circle. I usually PT at a University. So, when I'm done, I grab my lunch, drive up to the roof, and eat while enjoying the city view. I know, sounds odd but it's a nice way to relax before having to power through a late BR session.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    I usually jot down a few notes about how I felt about the test section by section. Nothing too detailed but just about how I felt I did, anything I got caught up on timing, just some information to immediately capture my thoughts of the test. Then I usually grab some food, chill out with a TC show and then enter my answers in the grader, grade it, but I dont look to see what I got wrong, just the score at the top ( I know, I know, bad habit) . Then I head into BR of my circle and started questions and after that I grade again and then finally look to see which answers I got wrong and right, writing a page about each wrong question and redoing all of the ones I didn't star. Then I "cut" those question out in paint and put them into my custom drill set pdf. Which I drill at the end of each week. Then I write an update on the back of the test about what went right and wrong.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    I'm officially jealous of all of you.
    I take my PT's after work, in my work building, so I usually grab all my belongings like the building is on fire and run-walk the mile and a half to the train station to catch the next train home (which invariably is just a little too soon to allow for just a walk, and they don't run that often either). I BR on the train and enter the answers for each section after I'm done with it. I watch the explanations for what I've missed when I get home.
    Next day I do a thorough reread of all RC and redo all games regardless of what I've missed.
    I suck at games, so all game sections get Foolproofed.
    For RC, even if I'm certain enough during the test to not circle a question for BR, I still always have a residual feeling that I just got lucky, and I want to take the time to really understand what went into that "instinct".
    27822 karma
    You’re a beast @runiggyrun.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    @"Can’t Get Right" I'm very lucky to have a pretty flexible job without "core" hours, and a commute amenable to public transportation, so that helps a ton. I don't mind a bit of running and some studying on the train in exchange for more home/family/lazy time in the evenings and on the weekends.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    The credited response:

• Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @runiggyrun said:
    I take my PT's after work, in my work building, so I usually grab all my belongings like the building is on fire and run-walk the mile and a half to the train station to catch the next train home (which invariably is just a little too soon to allow for just a walk, and they don't run that often either). I BR on the train and enter the answers for each section after I'm done with it. I watch the explanations for what I've missed when I get home.
    Beastmode: engaged.
    730 karma
    lmao @"Nicole Hopkins" that's pretty much it. As soon as I'm done, I close the 7sage video proctor, sigh, and heartily enjoy doing literally anything else. Depending on how I think I did, I'll either eat my feelings or treat myself to what I would've eaten if I were to m eat my feelings.