Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10 weeks until June 2016 LSAT

csix07csix07 Member
in General 24 karma
With roughly 10 weeks until the June test, I would like to take a prep test every week leading up to the test itself. I want to take LSAT 77 the week before, 76 2 weeks before etc. I would like to take the tests as true to test day as possible, so I want hard copies and to fill in the bubble sheets etc. Does anyone have any recommendations for obtaining these tests other than buying them off Amazon? I know the pdf's were recently taken down :( Thanks!

Comments

• AddistotleAddistotle Member
    328 karma
    It'd take forever, but go through the explanations of every PrepTest you want to write, screenshot every question, rebuild into a design or word document.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @csix07 said:
    Does anyone have any recommendations for obtaining these tests other than buying them off Amazon?
    Do you mean a place to go purchase them or do you mean another way to obtain them without paying? You can buy the paper version off of Amazon, it doesnt have to be the kindle one. Also most major book stores carry them.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2016 2481 karma
    I'm of the generation that orders their chips and toilet paper from Amazon, so I don't know why you'd want to go with anybody else ;-). But if you don't share my enthusiasm, in addition to Amazon and local bookstores, LSAC also sells the booklets, in the "shopping" section of your account. Those booklets, regardless of where you get them, are likely to be the closest you can possibly get to the actual test. They even include a bubbling sheet.
    It's a pain in the back to make physical copies page by page for clean BR now that there are no more pdf's, but it's not too bad if you're only doing one a week.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Find the cheapest copy of the individual tests and order them - they are all published by LSAC. Hopefully when you take the PT's you will follow the BR method which would require 2 clean copies of each PT. If you have access to a great copier and are concerned about the budget then you might want to purchase LSAC 10 Actuals PT's 62-71.
    http://www.amazon.com/10-Actual-Official-LSAT-PrepTests/dp/0986045519/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459306692&sr=8-1&keywords=lsat+practice+tests

There is no way to completely replicate the actual test paper and binding etc whether you have PDF's, copies or booklets and shouldn't be a concern when taking a PT simulating test day from that aspect. Simulating test day is about establishing pre-test routines, creating different PT environments to prepare for test day disruptions/distractions, and knowing your test site to practice based on the accommodations available - ampitheater, small desks, etc.

Hope this helps:)
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    So sorry but I had to repost this!
    @runiggyrun said:
    I'm of the generation that orders their chips and toilet paper from Amazon
    3197 karma
    @runiggyrun said:
    I'm of the generation that orders their chips and toilet paper from Amazon, so I don't know why you'd want to go with anybody else ;-).
    Do you have amazon prime now yet? It has absolutely ruined me... Amazon delivered... in less than 2 hours...
    3197 karma
    @twssmith said:
    There is no way to completely replicate the actual test paper and binding etc whether you have PDF's, copies or booklets and shouldn't be a concern when taking a PT simulating test day from that aspect.
    The individual booklets like PT 72-77 come in are pretty close other than missing the 5th section, if you want to replicate the feeling of the booklet. I'd invest in at least one of those just to see what its like to have to take it in that format.
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @stepharizona 2 hrs?!! Shut the front door!!
    2481 karma
    @stepharizona said:
    Do you have amazon prime now yet? It has absolutely ruined me... Amazon delivered... in less than 2 hours...
    Oh, I've had Prime for many, many years before the LSAT (from the chips and toilet paper days :-) Otherwise I'd single handedly be paying the salary of at least one UPS driver. I have also had stuff (not PTs) delivered in 2 hours on a Sunday. Amazon rules.
    I was lucky enough to get most of the PT's as pdf's, except for the last couple, and I have to say that the individual booklets are very nice, but I absolutely hated the Superprep II Book - impossible to keep open flat to write in. If the 10 test books are the same, I'd probably make copies and staple them myself. I can't believe the LSAC is pushing us back into the dark ages of copy machines.
    edited March 2016 3197 karma
    @runiggyrun said:
    Oh, I've had Prime for many, many years before the LSAT (from the chips and toilet paper days :-) Otherwise I'd single handedly be paying the salary of at least one UPS driver. I have also had stuff (not PTs) delivered in 2 hours on a Sunday. Amazon rules.
    No.... "Amazon Prime NOW" not Amazon Prime... Prime Now is an app/service where you order to get everything in an hour for a fee or free in 2 hours. Not same day shipping... (and wow you must be close to a DC to get things in 2 hours) I live behind one and the fastest I've ever got same day was 4!

Anyway, they're only running it in some markets, Phoenix launched in October. The Prime NOW DC is across town but is always in less than 2 hours (they have their own drivers no USPS or UPS). Its basically UBER for Amazon haha

Todays order was a white board, lemons, eggs, pencils, a stand for my iphone, ice cream and some frozen meals, air filter and some popcorn :) lol ordered at 7am was here at 8:30 :)

If you havent tired it its life changing... haha
    2481 karma
    @stepharizona said:
    No.... "Amazon Prime NOW" not Amazon Prime... Prime Now is an app/service where you order to get everything in an hour for a fee or free in 2 hours. Not same day shipping... (and wow you must be close to a DC to get things in 2 hours) I live behind one and the fastest I've ever got same day was 4!
    Oh, see, I read it as "do you have Amazon Prime, now?" The actual Prime Now is not yet available in my area (Massachusetts) that's why I wasn't aware of it. The package I got in a couple of hours (might have been more than 2, but it was the same afternoon) was probably a "same-day" or even a next day delivery that they just happened to have in the warehouse.
    I can see myself developing a serious addiction to this mysterious Prime Now when it launches here.

I'll stop with my Amazon propaganda now, I didn't mean to hijack OP's thread.
    edited March 2016 3197 karma
    @tanes256 said:
    @stepharizona 2 hrs?!! Shut the front door!!
    Yes... its true love haha
    @runiggyrun said:
    I'll stop with my Amazon propaganda now, I didn't mean to hijack OP's thread.
    I'll stop amazon prime fangirling as well :)