Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've done everything I think I could do...

jsumlin23jsumlin23 Alum Member
edited May 2014 in General 66 karma
But things are just not working out with me and this test. I don't know what else to do. In considering just taking the June test and what ever score I get is what I get.

Comments

• A_Iheduru23A_Iheduru23 Alum Member
    64 karma
    Nobody can make you do anything...but considering how much money you paid for the prep, I imagine that this really isn't your real attitude regardless of whether you paid 159 to the Ultimate price). Anything you're having trouble on, just come out and say it. Ask for help! You're not the only one who struggles studying, I'm sure a lot of us on here have. But don't quit man. 5 weeks is a long long time. You can master whatever it is your having a hard time with if you would just ask.
  • ArchiebootsArchieboots Alum Member
    155 karma
    What are your problems? Don't quit now, tell us about it!
  • jsumlin23jsumlin23 Alum Member
    66 karma
    I absolutely can not have a consistent improvement in practice text my scores are up and down my best was a 161 after a hiatus of drilling all of the question types that gave me trouble. I honestly don't know how some people have the mental endurance to do that. I honestly feel like it hurts me rather than helps me. I've been studying for this tests since god knows how long maybe since before last June when I bombed that. And I just feel my life has bed. Revolving around this test since thsn and it's just been a depressing expensive emotional roll a coaster that I'm ready to get off of.
  • lovedeeplovedeep Alum Member
    5 karma
    Are you spending time sharpening your logic and understanding underlying relationships? Are you reading on a consistent basis? Daily? Are you able to work out the pressure? There has to be a root cause. Understanding is just as important as endurance so take your time understanding the things you don't. Don't ignore it, explore it.
    66 karma
    Reading on a consistent basis I'd say no if it's anything not lsat related. What do you mean by work out the pressure?
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma
    A top score of 161 means that you're getting at least 25 questions wrong per test. Do you really, truly understand every single error you've ever made? Drilling means nothing without the proper analysis behind it.

If you're feeling burnt out, that's entirely a separate matter - you need to not feel that way, so do whatever it takes to shore up your mental game before you get back to technical LSAT skills. If that means pushing your test day back, so be it. Though I obviously don't know all of the details, taking the test in your current mental state seems to me like a great way to waste time and money.

Without meaning to toot my own horn, this might also be a good time for you to enlist in the aid of an experienced tutor who can diagnose your issues.
    66 karma
    I guess I've done everything but tutoring from you guys. I've sent you a message for tutoring and my areas of weakness. I guess I'll pull out of the June lsat as well
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    First, @lovedeep I love it! Don't ignore it, explore it! what a great saying! just wanted to note that.
    Second, @jsumlin23 I don't know exactly how much help I can be to you since I have never written the test, nor have I scored above a 160 on PTs. But, what I can tell you is that I have also been studying on/off for this test since around last June. Long story short, last summer (before going into my final year at University) I thought I would be able to study all summer and crush the October LSAT. I ended up realizing my PT scores weren't all that great so I backed out. Thought about December... and left it at a thought. Moving on, I finished my last year of school feeling like crap thinking I wasted a whole summer, but now I graduated. Planning on writing in June now, and worst case scenario, if I need to rewrite I will do it again in October.
    Moral of the story.... you are most certainly not alone. I feel as if this test has ran my life for close to a year now. Pretty sure my family and girlfriend are sick of hearing me "talk" about this test, complaining about the "struggle". I can say one thing though, if you TRULY want to go to law school, then do NOT give up now. You do not want this to be something you regret down the line. But do take your time to do it properly, I guarantee if you put the effort in, you will see the results!
  • mzsheribaby2983mzsheribaby2983 Alum Member
    58 karma
    I feel the same way. I withdrew my registration. I will continue to study but I'm postponing till next june
  • olddawg36olddawg36 Free Trial Member
    edited May 2014 9 karma
    I feel the same way but I think at some point you would need to draw the line and give up on the idea of law school. I have taken this test a few times, and had registered for June, but will likely not take it. With the time constraint, some of us are never gonna "get it". I hear from lawyers that the bar was easier for them than the LSAT...chrijani - you just graduated? you got plenty of time -