Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the hell just happened?

E.T.90066-1E.T.90066-1 Alum Member
edited May 2014 in General 377 karma
I have been drilling games for months now, using the fool proof method. My score was beginning to increase (last pretest I got 14 correct in the games section) I just took pretest 61 and absolutely did horrible in the section. I froze, was unable to see inferences, and only got 9 questions right! Also, my RC score, usually 19, dropped to 14. The RC section seamed harder than usual. My LR sections greatly increased ( think this is because I took this test 6 months ago. Overall I got 155 with an aim of getting 160 this june! I need to improve my LG, I think thats the way to secure the 160. Any tips? Should I drill full sections? I think my weakness is when I do sections not individual games. Please help. I need to develop a study strategy for this last month that does not kill my mood. I usually tend to freak out and drill like crazy and end up burning out. I am so close to the 160...Is RC harder for the recent lsat's?

This has been my section distribution:
PT 55 PT 56 PT 61
RC 19 , 19, 16
LR 20,16, 22
LR 15, 15, 19
LG 9, 13, 9
152, 153, 155

Comments

• ArchiebootsArchieboots Alum Member
    155 karma
    Hey there - so just to answer a few of your questions, here are my suggestions:

- Best way to get better logic games - do the games over and over, over and over until you get all the questions right in a game. I think this has been the most efficient method for me and it's J.Y's recommendation as well.
    - RC is always the hardest section for me to be honest. I cannot say what the trend has been for the past year but I have never seen a RC section as easy as a LG section for example. RC have usually 27 questions so you should capitalize on that to grab extra points.
    - I see that you scored 22 on one LR section. That's great. Do you see a pattern in questions you get wrong? Type of questions? Focus on those if you can to make sure that you get the process right.

There is still time for you to get better but I would say that you need to have scored 160 more than once to be able to reproduce it on test day. Maybe you would benefit from a few extra months to practice and take it in September.