Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extreme Logic Gaming

Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
in General 27861 karma
So I'm visiting my parents and my brother and sister-in-law are here as well with my two year old nephew. I decided to try some Games this morning figuring that the many distractions that accompany a two year old at breakfast would be good practice. I was wrong. You don't necessarily want to be in a zen like vacuum of tranquility and solitude, but a vortex of activity, crying, and poop is not good practice. Lesson learned.

Comments

• Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    a vortex of activity, crying, and poop is not good practice
    I believe @Pacifico can speak to this ... having taken many a section with his pinky in Vega's mouth to keep the wee one from crying!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27861 karma
    Yeah, at least I had both pinkies free! Not ideal.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Hoping the "good uncle" changed the diaper:)
  • cmelman95cmelman95 Alum Member
    730 karma
    I smell a sitcom!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27861 karma
    The good uncle did no such thing @twssmith . There were perfectly good parents and grandparents available!

And if that's what a sitcom smells like @cmelman95 , I'll pass.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Yeah, kids running around, family members yelling, and the occasional angry neighbor banging on your door = a recipe for LG disaster!

I wanted to get used to taking PTs under not-so-optimal conditions. I found two ways to do it, both of which I have found to be incredibly beneficial.

1) Most libraries have a "children's floor." On that floor, there are usually desks where parents can sit and wait until story-time, or whatever activity they are doing, is over. Try taking a PT in that area. The children usually aren't incredibly loud, but they can still be distracting.

2) Starbucks. Need I go into details? Music playing in the background, couples and friends chatting, and employees yelling out drink orders.