Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Large gap between initial and BR score?

MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
edited May 2016 in General 2086 karma
Hey 7Sage crew! So I'm in the process of fool proofing the games...finally. However, I was planning on taking a PT next week and joining the BR group. Even if I'm not ready to PT, I still want the experience. That and I'm just itching to take another PT. Naturally, I went through my old PTs to see how I was doing roughly 2 months ago. I noticed something odd on one of the PTs. On that particular PT, I had an initial score of 152. However, my BR score was a 170. I went through my other PTs and noticed the same trend!
So, I'd like to hear from the LSAT docs. What's your prognosis?
I did also notice that my weakest sections were RC and LG. I'm guessing this huge discrepancy was likely caused by my inability to complete the entire RC and LG section.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma
    Yeah, I think having a large spread there is healthy. BR score, to me, represents your potential, so you want that to be as high as possible. That's a great BR score for not having finished all your fundamental basics, really impressive. As you go forward from here, keep pushing it higher. If you want to break into the 170s especially, you really do want to be consistently BRing at a 180. So maximize your BR, and realize that the gap between it and your timed scores is due to insufficient mastery. Time pressure only seems to add additional barriers. If you can get it in BR, you can get it under time if you've truly mastered the material.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" I thought as much. Time pressure has always been my Achilles heel on the LSAT - boy do I miss undergrad...where I could breeze through 50 questions in 30 minutes.
    I'm assuming that I need to focus on my skipping strategy, LG mastery, and, well, those pesky art passages in RC.
    I'm hoping to hit the 175+ range for my BR by the end of July. Looking back at that particular test, I missed out on points because I misread something, made a stupid mistake, or simply wasn't focusing on the stimulus.
    Thanks for the advice!