Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Couple weeks away! Any study advice?

Hi 7Sagers. Relatively new to this community, but I've been thankful for your help these past few months. :) Now that we're a couple weeks away from the June LSAT, do you have any tips for what to do? I've seen a lot of general "rest, relax, review but nothing too serious" advice but I was hoping for more of a specific day-to-day breakdown based on your past experience.

Thanks for your help! Happy studying, and best of luck to all of you. You'll kill it!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    I think one thing you can do is start syncing your mind and body to test day. Start getting up at whatever time you will get up day of test. Go to bed whenever you'll go to bed the night before the test. Have the same breakfast and whatever else you can think of to replicate test day conditions. A lot of people like to do some drills before going in to the test as a warm up, so maybe put together some excercises and run some drills every morning. Basically just treat every day between now and then as though it were test day.
  • cmelman95cmelman95 Alum Member
    730 karma
    What he said. Last week I started eating my test day breakfast every day, and I stopped drinking coffee a couple weeks ago because I don't want to have caffeine in my system when I take the test (not prescribing anything, just using it as an example of my routine). The goal is to fool your mind into thinking that test day is just another day.
  • Action JacksonAction Jackson Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    Just curious, @cmelman95, why no caffeine?
  • cmelman95cmelman95 Alum Member
    edited May 2016 730 karma
    @roachjackson Because, while I love coffee and caffeine, I don't want to risk having a negative reaction to the drug on that particular day. When you introduce drugs to your body, you assume certain risks, and I'm confident enough that I can perform at my potential without the caffeine to forgo its nice stimulating and mood-boosting effects.

Basically, I can't predict how it'll mix with my test day adrenaline (which is impossible for me to simulate and prepare for) and I don't know whether I'll experience an energy dip during the test as the caffeine wears off. It could be that my nerves combine with the caffeine to make me too amped.
  • AddistotleAddistotle Member
    328 karma
    I envy anyone who is capable of emulating their test-day conditions on a daily basis leading up to June 6th! Sadly, I work at 7am every day and must be up at 4, however I've used this weekend and our long weekend in Canada to emulate it twice so far, once more tomorrow! Otherwise, I I'm working 50+ hours this coming week and all next weekend (mandatory inventory) and next week will be a regular 4am-9pm day due to my work schedule... Fingers crossed this weekend helps and my skills don't wane in the meantime!
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    What @"Cant Get Right" said. At this point, you're not going to learn anything new. And, if you do...well, you'll probably end up freaking yourself out. I would take another PT and find where your weaknesses lay. Hammer those down. Drill LG and RC to make sure you are staying on top of your game. Don't do anything crazy though.
    I have a friend who, one week before the October '15 administration, took 3 PTs. His last PT was 5 points below his average. According to him, that tiny fluke adversely affected him during test day.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Like what @"Cant Get Right" said, prep like test day.

Figure out your food and snacks. Eat for your "brain" healthy, know what you'll be doing on test day.

If you're going to drill before the test, practice doing that. If you're going to workout do that. If you can, take off of work the next few Mondays.

Basically, you want to be "game day" ready. Nothing should be different or surprise you the day of the test. Don't suddenly change your routine.