Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For a disclosed test, why I would not cancel...

twssmithtwssmith Alum
in General 5120 karma
Disclosed Administrations
If you take a disclosed test, you will have online access to the following information:
your LSAT score
score band
percentile rank
writing sample
a copy of your answer sheet
a score conversion table
a copy of the scored sections that contributed to your score (available online for six months following the test date)

If it is true that most schools other than Yale do not penalize for multiple takes...
Unless something happened during the test that was extremely detrimental to your scoring potential, I would not cancel...

Post-test anxiety is a given but you never want to waste a take.
7Sage and the BR process has given us pre-testers a way to try to evaluate our decision choices under "optimum" test conditions. If you sat for the test and cancel your score, you have nothing to gain from the experience other than sitting for 5+ hours in a testing room and have to trust your memory on AC's once the test is released to everyone.

Why would you want to give up the chance to have your answer sheet and the scored test for you to evaluate your decisions and choices during "real" conditions? The opportunity to be able to seriously BR the heck out of the test could mean serious gains on the next take if needed.

Always a personal decision, but I hope this helps:)

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Great post! Everyone should keep in mind that cancelling is the exception and not the rule. There is essentially zero upside to cancelling.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @twssmith said:
    Unless something happened during the test that was extremely detrimental to your scoring potential, I would not cancel...

Post-test anxiety is a given but you never want to waste a take.
    Tyler up in here with some TRUTH and REAL TALK.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    There is essentially zero upside to cancelling.
    100% agree—unless you misbubbled a section and want to save time writing an addendum as to why you got a 145 on your first take and a 170 on the second, that sort of thing. Cancelling is a zero win situation. As far as I can tell, most people cancel because of the risk of ego bruising—they don't want to see what kind of a score they really let themselves get by taking the test when it was ill-advised. Even if this describes your situation, what you would gain in the humility of that reality check would do you much more good that protecting a fragile sense of pride in achievements.