Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using Windows 10 & buffering problems

EvansjourneyEvansjourney Alum Member
in General 40 karma
Hey, Sagers.

Is anyone else using Windows 10 OS and having buffering problems?

Did you have any and then solved them, how so?

Comments

• pmathur2016pmathur2016 Alum Member
    32 karma
    I'm on a mac, and I am having video buffering problems as well. I use Chrome, but I also experienced this problem on Safari when I tried to play videos there. So far, I have not been able to solve this.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Sorry guys! I'm on Win 10 and haven't had this problem. Can you both try clearing your cache?
    http://7sage.com/clear-cache/
    32 karma
    Hey Dillon thanks for replying! Unfortunately, clearing the cache did not work for me. My Internet connection appears to be fine for all other websites, including this one (besides the video player).
    12637 karma
    Hey @pmathur, can you link me a video you're having trouble with so I can check it out?
    edited June 2016 32 karma
    Sure @"Dillon A. Wright", here's one video: https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-36-section-1-question-18/ I've had trouble with. I've also clicked on a bunch of random videos, and all of them had the same buffering problem. I tried defaulting to flash for a little bit, but the flash player also buffers for me. YouTube videos work fine. Thanks again for your help!
    12637 karma
    Hmm, that video's working fine for me. I'm going to check into some things and see if I can get this fixed for you. Sorry again!
  • EvansjourneyEvansjourney Alum Member
    40 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" I've been dealing with Microsoft for several hours now; giving them administrative control over my laptop and the issue is still only with the videos on 7Sage. YouTube and other sites work well and with no issues.

What type of laptop are you using? I'm on a HP Pavilion g series (7) and I've tried just about every driver configuration and Internet setting. I emptied my browsers history, cookies and everything. I removed the browsers Chrome and Firefox and downloaded them again - same issues. I've tried Explorer and Edge - same issues. Java too - same issues.

What browser are you using and can you give me a rundown of your Internet and Driver settings and perimeters?

And did you download Win10 or was it already installed? Almost everyone on the Microsoft community claims Win10 has ruined their computers.
    12637 karma
    I'm using a PC, not a laptop. Running an iBuyPower PC with these basics:

I use the Google Chrome browser (Version 51.0.2704.103 m, the most up to date version).

Here's a speedtest for my net:

I downloaded Win10 when it became available. I did hear from people that they had a lot of troubles, but I haven't had any.
    12637 karma
    Can you link a speedtest too by chance?
    http://www.speedtest.net/
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 2086 karma
    Windows 10 user here. I haven't had any buffering problems. You may just have to clear your cache. Or, as @"Dillon A. Wright" suggested, you may just have slow internet speed.
    12637 karma
    I'm sure most of you already know this, but unplugging your router from the wall for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in will restart your internet and usually helps with slow speeds. I know you said it's only happening on 7Sage, but it's worth a try. I can't do much on my end if I'm not also getting the same results, but I'm trying my best with what I have.
    40 karma
    Thanks for the responses. It's working now.
    12637 karma
    @Evansjourney said:
    Thanks for the responses. It's working now.
    Sweet. Did you do anything to fix it, or did it fix on its own?
    edited June 2016 40 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" I had my cousin - IT spec. - access it remotely and fix a few screw-ups the Microsoft team left behind.
    12637 karma
    Yikes. Glad it's fixed though!