Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disappointing result, where to go from here?

Casey BeeCasey Bee Alum Member
in General 49 karma
Hi everyone. I took the June LSAT, and got a lower score than on any of my practice tests. I was sick leading up to the test, and probably should have canceled, but I was still stunned on getting a lower score than even on my first practice test ever. I was getting just under my target score up to the test date.

My worst section by far was LG, but even where I normally do very well, I was getting only 65% of the questions right.

I want to know if I should re-do sections of the course, or if I should just focus on taking prep tests....

Thanks!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    You should definitely return to the curriculum. The curriculum is your constant companion. No matter how well you are performing, there will always be productive reasons to return.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    You should definitely return to the curriculum.
    Agreed, and spend a lot of time doing the fool proof method with LG. LG has a pattern and games are echos of each other. Once you see and learn these patterns you can apply the techniques you have mastered in games youve already completed to future game.

Chin up and take your time.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Looks like @"Cant Get Right" and @stepharizona got you covered. Return to the curriculum and relearn whatever it was that gave you trouble on the June LSAT. Then, drill those section. Once you've nailed them down, start PTing again to ensure that you can do them under timed pressure.
  • Casey BeeCasey Bee Alum Member
    49 karma
    Thanks everyone! I'll take your advice. Like I said, i was not expecting to ace the LG section, but on the reading comp. I was averaging only 1-3 questions wrong, and 2-5 wrong for the LR sections, so this was a bit of a blow--and that was with being timed! Back on the horse!
  • danilphillipsdanilphillips Alum Member
    200 karma
    Same happened to me! (I got a lower score than on all my PT's). Totally demoralising.
  • luginklugink Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    I was also unhappy with my score, as it was lower than all of my PTs as well, though it wasn't the score that was the problem but the actual test day! Normally I love logic games and do well on the section, but I don't know what happened in that logic games section on the June LSAT, it was awful! It threw me off for the rest of the test (which is the worst possible thing to let happen, woops!).