Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT usage Q!

chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
edited May 2014 in General 827 karma
I apologize in advance if a question similar to this has been posted before.

I am looking for advice in regards to how to properly use the prep tests I have available. The issue is that I am already registered to write on June 9th, however, as of right now it looks like I may be having to rewrite in September. Obviously I would prefer not to rewrite in September, but this is my first time taking the test so I just need to have a backup plan incase June doesn't go as planned. So, my question is how should I use my prep test if I do need to rewrite in September. I have every test available to me (purchased all the books), but a lot of the drills I did came from PT 1-38, and I have used the tests 52-61, as well as 62, 63, 64. This leaves me with 65-71 before the June test, but if I use them all for the June test I will not have any "new" test to use for the September test. So, should I set aside a few, maybe 2-4 PT's, just incase I do need to rewrite? Or should I go ahead and use them before the June test? If I do use them for the June test, then what should I use/do to prepare for the September test?

Thank you in advance for the assistance, and I look forward to hearing all your responses.

Comments

• ikethelsatikethelsat Alum Member
    193 karma
    7sage comes with .pdf files of tests 39-43, and although they are older, they are still very useful. If you are absolutely sure you will have to re take the test in september, I'd use something like 39-40-41 + 71-70-69-68 before June, leaving you 65-66-67+42-43 before September. BUT if you are so sure you will have to rewrite in september, I would focus on working towards that date and cancel June, personally. Why take a test if you know for sure you aren't ready. And, if you are just being pessimistic about your chances, then go all in and study as hard as you can, with all your resources before the June test and stop assuming you will have to retake.
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    Hey,

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it! I have done some of the test in the 40's range, but I think there are at least 3 I have no done,probably 41,42,43. So thank you for bringing that up. I am going to save a few tests for September, but no postpone the June test as I think it will be good for me to get a feel for writing the real thing. I am a very anxious person (as a lot of people are) which adds a whole extra level of stress, so I think by writing the "real" thing it will lower my nerves for the next test. I may be completely wrong on this, if so what do you suggest? I am going to go all in and just save two tests 67,68, and use the rest for the June, or as many as I need before June. But seeing as it is only two weeks away I don't think I will max out all the tests.
  • mudasar.khanmudasar.khan Alum Member
    25 karma
    I think there are other ways to simulate the "real thing" rather than risking taking the test when you're not fully prepared. 7sage has a tool that you can use on your phone that simulates a proctor. I wouldn't take the test if you're not ready; if you go into the test knowing you're not ready that is what will make you anxious versus if you've studied and have consistent scores you want on your practice tests--you'll be less anxious because you're more confident.
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    @mudasar.khan, thank you for the reply. I did end up paying to reschedule to the September date, even though it killed me to do so. Your 100% accurate that if I knew I wasn't 100% , I would only make it worse during the real test. So that being said, I am not pleased with myself, but I am looking to write in September and hopefully things start looking up for me. Good luck with your studies!
  • mudasar.khanmudasar.khan Alum Member
    25 karma
    Don't beat yourself up about it. It is a smart decision to take the test when you're more ready and I think it will pay off for you. Thanks, good luck to you too.