Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drilling LR from old PT

seungheerseungheer Alum Member
in General 40 karma
I am recently taking LR from old PTs(1-20) in order to boost my score on this section. My maximum score is 159 but it fluctuates a lot. I sometimes scored 151 and stopped after scoring 156 on PT 46. I realized that my LR section score fluctuates between 60 - 70%. It seems that my LR hasn't improved much from 2007 test - which is 64% per section. I am not sure if my method is right. I've already went through 7sage package. Do I have to use LSAT trainer again? Or Cambridge LR bundle? BTW I've been writing down almost every time I BR my PTs.

Comments

• allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    What are your BR scores on LR? Have you ever joined the BR group calls or worked with other people to boost your understanding? Just doing the core curriculum and drilling isn't enough - during the BR process you need to push yourself to truly understand why each AC is either right or wrong, and how it interplays with the stimulus. Based on your scores, I would assume your BR isn't super high yet, so improving what you understand untimed is critical. Get help if you need it to improve this, otherwise you're spinning your wheels.
  • seungheerseungheer Alum Member
    40 karma
    There are some of the questions that are hard to understand - which also have answers that are so subtle. For those questions, there are times when my entire reasoning goes wrong. If that happens, I watch the video posted by JY (or for old Preps, I compare my reasoning with Kaplan's explanations). I will probably have to look for BR group.