Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scheduling? Help!

mandy xumandy xu Alum Member
edited May 2014 in General 54 karma
I just bought the 7Sage package like a week ago, and my schedule says I'm going to need at least 8 hours a day, six days a week until my end date to finish this program. I just don't have that time in my schedule. I'm concurrently taking two summer classes, plus an additional Kaplan course. I've just finished the Nova book, and I have two Bibles to go through. What do I do? Is there anything I can skip?

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    All you need is 7sage. Toss everything else out.
  • David WayneDavid Wayne Free Trial Member
    edited May 2014 571 karma
    I read all three bibles cover to cover and they contain nothing of benefit or importance that 7sage does not. So you can definitely save yourself some time on that front.

I agree with the above post as well.
  • thelocal711thelocal711 Free Trial Member
    edited May 2014 72 karma
    48 hours a week on the 7Sage course is absolutely a recipe for burnout, stress, and inefficiency when all other aspects are considered. If your other two summer courses take up 6 hours of your week each (super conservative estimate) then you are already at 60 hours a week on studying. This does not include life's errands and tasks like laundry, exercise, eating, showering, commuting, etc...

I would highly consider spreading the studying process out over a time frame that's more manageable. Your score and quality of life will have much more potential for a positive upswing that way.

Also, if you plan to use a supplement then consider The LSAT Trainer or Manhattan LR. I've tried Powerscore, Kaplan and Nova... nothing came close. The LSATTrainer increased my average by 8 points. I worked off their 12 week schedule.
  • retaker2014retaker2014 Alum Member
    99 karma
    I'm going to reiterate other people's points here, that 7Sage is the best way to go. I've done Kaplan and it was pretty bad. I peeked at the old books as I went through 7Sage for comparison and can't believe that many people carry out their LSAT prep exclusively through their program. If you are serious about your score, it's not worth anyone's time.

Also a point that a lot of people are skipping is that you can accelerate videos when you watch them. 1.4x is optimal for me.

• mandy xumandy xu Alum Member
    54 karma
    I didn't know about the acceleration! That helps a lot.

Unfortunately, I can't skip my Kaplan course. My poor sweet mother bought it for me before I got home for the summer, and I would feel extremely guilty skipping those classes when she's paid for them. Fortunately, they're only twice a week.

I know where will probably be a lot of overlap between Kaplan and 7Sage...for example, the practice exams. So really, I'm asking, since both will probably cover this, would you recommend I do them with 7Sage instead? And are ALL the 7Sage videos essential to the program?

Thanks!
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2014 3658 karma
    To be blunt, pursuing the Kaplan course out of guilt whilst trying to parallel 7sage's curriculum will confuse the hell out of you. I think your mom will be a lot more happy with the ends and not the means.

Yes. If you paid for 7sage already, go through the entire curriculum (videos and all).
  • GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
    440 karma
    like everyone said, just do 7sage. It's the only think that has helped me thus far