Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Older, unseen PTs vs Newer, already seen PTs

LsatistheworstLsatistheworst Free Trial Member
in General 59 karma
Hey guys, I have seen PTs 52-77 at least once (twice and thrice in most instances) and I am wondering if it would be better to use those to gear up for the Sept LSAT or if I should rely on older PTs that I haven't seen as much/not at all. Thanks!

Comments

• LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    For sure look at new material then in the final weeks make sure you hit the newer tests.
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    I'm going to take a somewhat opposite stance here. I'd lean primarily on the newer tests.

Yes, make sure you're mixing in fresh takes with PTs you haven't seen, but I think relying on PTs before 50 might make you have to readjust to the slight differences in the 70s come test day..which could be problematic for your mindset.

When retaking PTs it's more about the process than the score. When I'm doing a retake, I always put a star by questions I remember. Additionally, if you know you're pretty familiar with the material, give yourself 30mins per section rather than 35. I find that if I haven't taken a PT for several months, it's basically a fresh take provided I haven't seen the questions over and over (which could be your case, only you can make that call)
  • LsatistheworstLsatistheworst Free Trial Member
    59 karma
    Hmmm. Well I was thinking about going through the 50-77 ones again and then use the previously undisclosed LSATs found in the Superprep books for the last week or two. But maybe I could mix in some of the earlier tests. Haven't decided yet. I have been studying for so long that I think this will all mostly be review than actually learning curriculum
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    PT's 50+ are certainly more indicative of what you're likely going to see on an upcoming LSAT. However, 36+ function incredibly well as study tools. So, use them to PT and BR. Also, did you BR all of the 50+ PTs? If not, do 36+, then redo the ones from 50+ that you didn't BR and BR them this time.