Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Books to go along with 7Sage?

Summer518Summer518 Member
in General 60 karma
Hi guys!
Just wondering what books I should pick to go along with the 7sage course and how do you guys arrange time around that? (I have the bibles) Or is everyone just focusing on the course only?
Thanks!
Good luck studying!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2016 23929 karma
    Hey @Summer518,

I know J.Y. recommends the LSAT Trainer, as do many of the Sages and successful super preppers.

I also endorse using The Trainer for a few reasons. I think it's the best LSAT prep book, and it goes along very well with 7Sage's curriculum well. There are not many discrepancies between how J.Y. and Mike Kim do things, so you won't run into any trouble with competing methodologies.Whereas I found a bunch of problems with trying to use the logic games bible and 7Sage.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Summer518 ,

Also, I think to arrange time around it, I would do one at a time. I think it is fine to do them simultaneously, but I messaged Mike Kim and he said JY and him both agreed to do one at a time.

I would recommend going through the 7Sage CC first and then follow one of the free study schedules on the LSAT Trainer website. They are meant to be super flexible and are perfect for when you are ready for the drilling stage, but still want to shore up your skills.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    Yeah, Alex pretty much covered it.

My feelings about the bibles are well documented at this point, lol. I’m starting to almost feel bad about it, so I’ll keep it brief. So, definitely don’t use the LG bible. There is room for the LR bible to be a little worse, but the methods are for the most part not very compatible with 7Sage. I hear nothing but wonderful things about David Killoran though. By all accounts he’s a delightful person.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Just focus on the course for now and if you want to beef up your studying, then check out the LSAT trainer only because it compliments 7sage material for the most part.
  • Summer518Summer518 Member
    60 karma
    @"Alex Divine" Thanks Alex! Very helpful suggestions! :)
    60 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" What about Reading Comprehension Bible?
    60 karma
    @montaha.rizeq Thanks! Will do!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Well, it’s pretty forgettable. I’m not really sure what the point of it is.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited August 2016 11542 karma
    Pretty much what @"Cant Get Right" said. Ugh I was so disappointed in powerscore for releasing such a crappy book on RC. if anything it's LR Bible's ugly little sister.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Summer518 Yeah, @"Cant Get Right" and @montaha.rizeq nailed it on the RC Bible. Unfortunately, when I began my prep in June, I decided to buy every LSAT book under the sun, searching for "silver bullets" as Sage Nicole Hopkins puts it. When I got to the RC Bible I felt like someone legit ripped me off. It was nothing more than practice passages with explanations on the questions/answers. It doesn't have any real strategy behind it. I am actually a fan of the LR Bible, so if you have that, I wouldn't throw it to the curb. I know it isn't the most popular opinion, but I think it is nice to reach for if you need a different explanation or approach for a question type.