Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is always hope!

Matthew524Matthew524 Member
edited August 2016 in General 651 karma
I hope I help someone out and provide some encouragement for anyone who is trying to score above a 165. My LSAT prep has been a long and treacherous road for me. My diagnostic exam was a 142, when I found out my score, I thought I could never score high enough to get into my dream schools. It was a slap to the face and a good wake up call because I realized how serious this exam was. I studied more than 30 hours a week, with extensive blind review sessions and endless hours of going back to the curriculum to understand the fundamentals of the LSAT. Regardless of how long I studied I was barely increasing my score and all my friends who were studying with me were meeting their goals on the LSAT ( I was really happy for them but I was left discouraged). I honestly gave up when I couldn't score above a 150, I felt hopeless and was extremely burnt out. I was unmotivated to the point where I said F*** It! I took about 2 months off from studying for the LSAT (I started studying in June 2015) and I came to the realization, that becoming a lawyer is my dream job. As a kid, everyone asked you what do you want to be when you grow up, and I always answered A LAWYER! Thereon after, I didn't study harder but smarter, I knew burnout was a real thing and it can be a real B**** to deal with, so I set a schedule and stuck to it. I occasionally went out with friends and tried to exercise more to help me relax. My score was quickly rising from a 142 to a 158 ( my June 2016 LSAT Score). I was really happy with my increase in score, 16 points isn't that bad of an increase, but I was not satisfied because I knew I could do better. So after I received my June LSAT score, I took 2 weeks to gather my thoughts and understand how I should approach studying again after nearly a month off. I set myself a schedule of 6 hours a day (from 9 AM - Noon and from 1PM- 4 PM). I never went above this study time and never went over (except when taking the Practice tests). I am proud to say we are nearly 1 month and 13 days away from the exam and I have exceeded my expectations and I am averaging a 167. I just honestly want to say, when you feel unmotivated, discouraged, and beaten, you have to find it within yourself to make a comeback. I felt as if the LSAT was Ivan Drago from Rocky IV and I was Rocky. When it seems like you lost and you have been defeated just remember the bell hasn't rung yet, so you have to get up and start giving it your all and come out the fight VICTORIOUS!

*Please excuse any typos*

Comments

• Dark Knight VDark Knight V Member
    194 karma
    Inspiring! Thanks for sharing and way to stick with it!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Matthew524 said:
    I have exceeded my expectations and I am averaging a 167. I just honestly want to say, when you feel unmotivated, discouraged, and beaten, you have to find it within yourself to make a comeback. I felt as if the LSAT was Ivan Drago from Rocky IV and I was Rocky. When it seems like you lost and you have been defeated just remember the bell hasn't rung yet, so you have to get up and start giving it your all and come out the fight VICTORIOUS!

This was truly inspiring! Thank you for sharing. You should be proud, that is an amazing accomplishment! No doubt you are going to kill the LSAT on the real day!

• Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Whoop! That's awesommmmmme!
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    Congratulations, and thanks for sharing your story! When people ask if it's possible, we can point them to your post!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Matthew seriously man you are GOALS and someone who motivates the hell out of me! Thank you for sharing your story and you're going to make the September LSAT wish it was never born! You got this man and congratulations on the major success you've achieved! When I was younger I also said I wanted to be an attorney when someone asked what my future consisted of haha :D
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Needless to say I bookmarked this thread for future reference :P
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    This is how it’s done.
  • annannannannannann Alum Member
    304 karma
    Congrats :D
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    We need more of these posts, now more than ever! Actually, y'all should save them for the week prior to the September administration, haha. Congrats OP!
  • rakinalikhanrakinalikhan Alum Member
    329 karma
    i have to do this.
  • Matthew524Matthew524 Member
    651 karma
    THANK YOU! I just wanted people to know not everyone starts off with a 165 or their goal score. I knows how it feels to be down in the trenches and feel like there is no way out. I just hope I helped someone out there and showed them it's honestly possible with dedication and hard work.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    HOORAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS :)