Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For Sep. test takers, how many PTs do you still have to do?

stcaitmokyustcaitmokyu Free Trial Member
in General 68 karma
Hi, as the title says,
I'm just wondering, how many PTs do you still have to do if you want to take the Sept. test?
Did you already finish all of the PTs you want to finish and now are in only a reviewing stage, or do you still have fresh PTs you are going to do? How are you going to spend until Sept. test?
Just wondering because I saw someone said if you are not in the target score range now, Sept. test may not be the one you want to take...

Thanks,

Comments

• SeattlesBestSeattlesBest Alum Member
    edited August 2016 165 karma
    I have 12 fresh pts left to take before the September test. I'm going to exhaust all the tests as I'm scoring within my goal score. I heard if you're not within the goal score, you might want to save some for the next test though.
    165 karma
    On a separate note, does anybody know when the last pt taking before the actual test should be? I heard scoring conspicuously low before the test might discourage you. I have 12 pts left to take and if I take them according to my schedule, I will end up taking the last pt two days before the actual one.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @SeattlesBest

Here is a cool blog I think JY wrote for those taking the test this June.

https://7sage.com/lsat-final-stretch-what-to-do-the-final-week/
    165 karma
    I guess I’ll be better off cramming some pts now rather than taking them the week of the test. Thanks!
  • stcaitmokyustcaitmokyu Free Trial Member
    68 karma
    Thanks for ur responses, would like to hear more from other Sep. testtakers or even Dec. test takers...where are you now? Drilling? or untimed PTs?
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" where you at
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    I've been procrastinating taking stock actually, lol. I've taken so many PTs in so many forms over so many different stages of study I've lost track of what I have and haven't taken. It's going to be a whole thing. I think I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 though. I think I'm about ready to start PTing though, so maybe I'll do that tomorrow.
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    I still haven't taken a PT and am aiming for September. I'm just going through the curriculum really slowly. It has paid off in major ways i.e. I really understand the question types and have improved in all sections. That said, I still have my off days, but I'm very optimistic.

For me, I'm aiming for September, but will decide what I will do when I start taking PT's. I know we only have until August 30 to change our date. I might do September and December, or just September (best case scenario), or just December. For me, time will tell.

That said, my diagnostic was initially in the 160s, so I'm optimistic that I can make my target goal. I also am overly optimistic because I have been going really slowly with the curriculum (and really understanding the individual pieces of it). Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to join all of you in September even if it means I have only taken 7-10 PT's. I plan on only taking 2 PT's the week before the test.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
  • mudiversmudivers Alum Member
    89 karma
    12/25 completed. 13 more to go with roughly one month remaining.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    ive taken right under 50. From here on out, they're all going to be retakes for me though.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Wow, just took stock, and 15 exactly.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    20 or so left. I have a print out, which details each PT (date taken, initial score, and BR score). Thanks to a certain non-7Sage company, I wasted about 7 of the 60+ PTs...which will not be retakes.
  • esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
    382 karma
    I am behind. I signed up for September and just got done with the 7sage course yesterday. I have taken 3 pt's total. I am thinking about rescheduling for December...isn't it super time consuming to BR 3 tests per week? I start my senior undergrad year next week and will also be busy doing that..
    edited August 2016 11542 karma
    @esteerose I think postponing will be in your best interest. You're right. BR 3x a week is seemingly brutal. Don't rush your precious PT and BR practice over a tentative date
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    @esteerose I think postponing will be in your best interest. You're right. BR 3x a week is seemingly brutal. Don't rush your precious PT and BR practice over a tentative date
    100% this^^^

Take in December. The more I have been in contact with admissions consultants, the more I have realized that applying in early January is always the right move with a higher LSAT score.
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    11542 karma
    For serious @LSATKingsman ?
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
  • leejayleeleejaylee Alum Member
    218 karma
    I just finished PT 60. That means 18 more to go right? 1 month left - very well possible!
    11542 karma
    Lol @LSATKingsman apparently something non LSAT students do. I hear it's relaxing.
    11542 karma
    @leejaylee said:
    18 more to go
    Really good pace!! good for you
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    4 new ones, probably going to take 10 leading up to September. Like @BruiserWoods, I've seen every single PT except for 76, 77, 78, and C.
  • combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
    652 karma
    I would say around 20. Remember, if you don't do well in September, there is always December. You get three tries at this thing
  • esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
    382 karma
    @montaha.rizeq Thank you, true I have spent too much $$ on this course for it to not help me. And my score has not increased as much as I want!