LDSA GPA -- Miscalculation?

bethesda00bethesda00 Free Trial Member
in General 31 karma
Hi all!

Great advice on here, so I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this siutation. I've heard that LSAC can and does make some common mistakes calculating GPA. I have a fairly high UGPA, but some courses I took in high school bring that down (if only I had known then...). I expected this, but it seems like they brought my GPA down more than I expected. My LSAC gpa is lower than what I calculated on 7Sage LDAS GPA calculator. The two that I'm concerned have been miscalculated are one 2-quarter class where I received a B and B- and another where I received an A- and B+. The first has three credits listed under B and one under C while the other has all four credits listed under B. Everything else looks like I had expected.

This may be correct, but I'm obviously unfamiliar with the process. Does anyone know if this is the correct calculation? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2016 23929 karma
    @bethesda00 ,

I'm not sure if that is the correct calculation or not, but they have been known to make errors from time to time. If you suspect there may be something erroneous, I would shoot them an email ASAP to get is straighten out, especially if you are applying this cycle...

P.S. I had some AP credits from high school that came back to haunt me... I got a B+ in an AP physics class and a B in AP chem, and those ended up being the reason I don't have a 4.0 :( If I only knew back then is right......

Good luck!
  • sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    edited August 2016 1501 karma
    nvm.
  • bethesda00bethesda00 Free Trial Member
    31 karma
    Oh shoot! That's too bad! Did your college count your AP credits towards your uGPA?
    31 karma
    @dytmom_3x Not all high school courses! I'm just talking about those classes that I received college credit for.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @dytmom_3x only AP courses that counted toward your college credits. I believe you had to get a 4 on the exam for it to count.
    31 karma
    @montaha.rizeq Only if they are calculated in an institution's GPA, I believe. For example, I have a few AP scores that have increased the amount of credits I have at my University, but they aren't factored into my GPA at the institution or through LSAC.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Thanks for clarifying!