Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help

emilycyoung1emilycyoung1 Free Trial Member
in General 234 karma
I received a free Princeton Review textbook that had a practice test in the back. It is not an actual LSAT that has been administered it was made by the princeton review people. I scored so so low compared to other tests and I am wondering if this means I am doing worse or if it's the fact that it wasn't a real lsat. The questions were completely different from what I have seen (in my opinion) and the logic games far more confusing and complex then anything I have seen and I have taken over 16 PT's. Someone help.

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    I don't see the point in PR and similar companies making their own mock LSAT. Take your score with a grain of salt.
  • jknaufjknauf Alum Member
    edited August 2016 1741 karma
    Don't worry about it! From what I've read, Princeton Review is notoriously not recommended. The questions and games are to dissimilar to the real LSAT. I will say this though, if the games are harder than normal LSAT games, it may be a good idea to keep those in the back of your mind for when you are at the end of your studies. I think a good analogy would be training for a marathon with a 20 lb weights vest on, and then running the marathon without the weights. :)

Best of luck!
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Alum Member
    1762 karma
    @emilycyoung1 said:
    wasn't a real lsat
    Dude.... dont even worry about it. Build your fundamentals on real test questions.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Yeah, Princeton Review was the first book I got for LSAT Prep. I read if for 2 days before I realized I was being duped. It was a bunch of "mantras" they teach you if I remember correctly. Like a good 1/3rd of the chapters wasn't focused on teaching you skills and strategies, but rather things like, "Breathe, take your time, and do not rush." Repeat the following: I will NOT rush through the games section. I will be confident.....etc.

Also, FWIW, the games are similar enough to real ones, but the LR and RC is just not at all. I won't say it was more challenging or anything, but you can see how they are structured very different. So as @montaha.rizeq says, take it with a grain of salt. I'd stay away from that book and the fake tests 100%.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27853 karma
    Oh yeah, don't even. If PR can't even be bothered to pay the licensing fees for real LSATs, I'm really skeptical as to how much resources they devote to creating a mock PT even remotely approaching legitimate.