Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC GPA lower than UG GPA

Cayenne43Cayenne43 Alum Member
edited August 2016 in General 195 karma
My LSAC GPA is lower than my UG GPA. I took some classes in high school at a local college and that lowered it a bit. I am worried it will hurt my chances applying to some schools where my degree gpa is at the median but my LSAC gpa is lower than the median.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @DeeJayGee said:
    My LSAC GPA is lower than my UG GPA. I just got the academic summary from LSAC and my gpa went from a 3.7 to 3.65. I took some classes in high school at a local college and that lowered it a bit. I am worried it will hurt my chances applying to some schools where my degree gpa is at the median but my LSAC gpa is lower than the median.
    Yeah, unfortunately the same thing happened to me. In high school I took a bridge program with the local CC in my town and got all As, but the one B I got killed me when I found out it would be calculated in...

Well, first let me ask you, are you still in UG? Do you have a chance to bring it up? Or maybe time to take community college classes next summer or over winter break to boost your GPA?

If you've already graduated then there is nothing left to do but knock the LSAT out of the park. The silver lining is that your LSAT counts for way more than GPA, so I don't see many places that a 3.7 would get you in that a 3.65 would keep you out of all things being equal.

I won't lie, it is disheartening, but there's nothing you can do at this point (unless you can boost it) except just focus all your energy on the LSAT. I'd rather have a 3.65 and a 174 than a 3.7/ 169.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    I'd rather have a 3.65 and a 174 than a 3.7/ 169.
    Yep, its all about the LSAT if you have graduated.