Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Missing hardest problems...

calftempcalftemp Free Trial Member
Hi all,

I've been reviewing my PT performance, and I seem to be missing the hardest problems in LR (across a variety of Q types). Any recommendations for how to improve on the hardest problems in LR?

Thanks!

Comments

• midna_twilimidna_twili Free Trial Member
    56 karma
    Improving your POE for the 4 incorrect choices is key. Missing LR questions means you are not quite getting a strong enough understanding of the stimulus to see why the CR is clearly the best answer.
  • ay_fegetaboutitay_fegetaboutit Alum Member
    116 karma
    The above + getting better at/quicker with conditional logic is often key for tough LR questions
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @calftemp said:
    Any recommendations for how to improve on the hardest problems in LR?

One BIG thing that helped me start getting even the hardest LR questions correct was learning to properly skip. By skipping, you give yourself more time at the end for the harder questions. Check out this awesome webinar: https://7sage.com/webinar/skip-it/

Second is being able to find the argument core with surgical precision. And as @ay_fegetaboutit says above, make sure you have a mastery over your conditional logic. You have to know your 4 group translations in your sleep. If you don't already, be sure to review the lessons on sufficient and necessary condition translations. You want to be so fast that it is second nature. For example, if you see a "no" you know it is a group 4 negate necessary.

Also, make sure you do a thorough blind review. That is where I really figured out and reasoned out the hardest LR questions.

Good luck!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    A lot of it is making sure you've earned the time you need to crack them open. You've got to fly through the easy ones or you're just not going to be able to do it.

Most of the hard questions aren't hard because of the logic, they're hard because of the overly complicated language piled on top of the logic. Read carefully and don't lose track of what the argument is talking about. Sounds simple, but it really isn't. This is why we miss curve breakers, the logic is usually quite basic.